Topic: Sonoma Fire

cross posting from another forum for those who are concerned:
http://www.minimania.com/msgThread/1221 … Napa_Fires

I'm here at the track now, they got the fire stopped about 200yrds from my shop which is at the top of the hill, very grateful to the fire service and the race tracks own fire dept!! Its a bit strange up here right now the sun is obscured by a thick layer of smoke and ash and all around is burnt. The fields on either side of Hwy 37 are all burnt and the cows just look stunned and scared! the Armco barrier posts are all smoking like little chimney stacks for a miles. My son has been evacuated from his house in Rohnert Park but it appears now that the fire is contained in that area, He was due to move next month to a house in Santa Rosa fortunatey the sale has not finalized as apparently it was lost to fire last night. My thought go out to all the effected family's.

Re: Sonoma Fire

I'm about 20 miles from the Napa fire. The sky is gray/orange and ash is falling here. Not too concerned. At least the wind is not blowing.

I got a call today asking if I had room for refugees. I do. Three friends of a close friend lost everything in the Santa Rosa fire.

One Lemons team lost everything as well.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mi … 4&z=10

Very high likelihood that both of our old crows cars got burned down with our Captain's House as he evacuated in a big hurry Sunday night.

Our family was evacuated for a week during the 2007 San Diego fires, my heart goes out to those impacted by this event.

'18 PNW-Organizer's Choice '17 PNW-IOE '15 PNW-Judge's Choice '14 PNW-Heroic Fix
Jagvair 2.0 Build   Jagvair YouTube  Jagvair Facebook

Any further developments on this, specifically referring to Sears Point? Our entry is accepted for December, I'm left wondering if there is going to be a track!

Tradewinds Tribesmen Racing (The road goes on forever…)
#289 1984 Corvette Z51 #124 1984 944 #110 2002 Passat
Gone but not forgotten, #427-Hong Kong Cavaliers Benz S500
IOE (Humber!) Hell on Wheels (Jaguar)

Track is safe (for now) They have opened up the campsite at the track for evacuees....

Sonoma Raceway Recommends Monetary Donations to Aid Fire Victims

SONOMA, Calif. (Oct. 13, 2017) - Like many local sites that have been housing evacuees from the North Bay fires, Sonoma Raceway has been overwhelmed with generous donations from community members.

We now have more donated items than we have the capacity to use or distribute, and are no longer accepting material donations at the raceway.

In lieu of donating new or used items, we suggest you consider a financial contribution to one of these local non-profits doing incredible work in local communities:

North Bay Fire Relief Fund: redwoodcu.org/northbayfirerelief
Petaluma People Services: http://petalumapeople.org/
Redwood Empire Food Bank: https://interland3.donorperfect.net/web … &id=64
Food Bank of Contra Costa & Solano: https://www.foodbankccs.org/

45+x Loser.....You'd think I would learn......
5x I.O.E  Winner   1 Heroic Fix Winner   1 Org Choice Winner
2x  I Got Screwed Winner    2x Class C Winner
(Still a Class B driver in a Class A car)

Cal Fire has designated the "37 Fire" as they called the fire next to the track as 100% contained.  I think it's in a mop up phase.  The big fires still going are a fair distance NE and NW.

Stopped by a teammates rental house today in Anaheim Hills.  It backs up to wilderness.  The fire burn from the fire we had here last week ends 75 ft away from the house.  Not the edge of the yard, the house. His main house in Cowan Heights was maybe 800ft from flames.  Ours isn't that close but when you get an Amber Alert type text saying you are under a mandatory evac order and your kids are losing their shit, stopping to think about what is really important was kind of different for me.  The girls packed cosmetics. I had papers and pictures.  My teammate's wife sent a pic of his truck with the margarita maker in the bed.

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)

We were right next to the fire as it rolled through our area
(Larkfield which is just north of Santa Rosa). Got a frantic call
from a team mate at 2 AM Monday saying our area was being evacuated!
There was no warning at all. Opened the door and was greated with
orange skies and choking smoke. We were practically surrounded
by flames! It was the noise that was really shocking. Little 'pops' with
bigger booms in between. Car tires and gas tanks exploding. The biggest
booms were propane tanks. We stayed and did what we could to
save the house and were very fortunate the the firestorm stopped
approx 3 block south of us. Everything within a mile in all directions
is gone. Car hulks and chimneys. Hundreds of homes gone.

One team member lost his house and we lost both race cars
that were stored there as well. Jensen-Healey and '98 Mustang.
But maybe we'll get a chance to build another car or twi eventually.

Have heard the fire was very close to Sonoma Raceway but they were
spared and was even open to many that had to evacuate. Kudos guys!

Hope no one reading this has to experience this sort of thing!
Steve (Old Crows)

9 (edited by ukemike 2017-11-05 12:01 PM)

It won't seem like the full NorCal Lemons experience without the Old Crows Mustang.   I'm so sorry about the lost house and cars.  I hope all the team  members and their families made it out safely.

-------------------
Picknpull Racing 91 Accord, The Minnow