Topic: PSA: Help old hot rodders live out their childhood dreams!

A part of my racing life lives on salt.

For those of you in SoCal and Phoenix that are young (cough) like me (or younger, there's probably a lot of those by now) and have dreamed of chasing records, there are a couple of old farts looking for help in Phoenix and San Diego here: http://www.landracing.com/forum/index.p … 813.0.html

You could tell them I sent you, but they don't know who I am.

The salt flats racing community is very much like the Lemons community, everybody helps everybody (mostly, there's personalities and stuff).

Plus there are dirt opportunities for you SoCal peeps at El Mirage. Discuss.

That guy

Re: PSA: Help old hot rodders live out their childhood dreams!

That's neat. I plan to get in touch with these guys once the Benz is as "race ready" as it ever is...

Tradewinds Tribesmen Racing (The road goes on forever…)
#289 1984 Corvette Z51 #124 1984 944 #110 2002 Passat
Gone but not forgotten, #427-Hong Kong Cavaliers Benz S500
IOE (Humber!) Hell on Wheels (Jaguar)

3 (edited by DirtyDuc 2017-10-18 11:00 AM)

There are also guys in Idaho and Kansas looking for help.

The unspoken benefit is you likely get free entry (as crew) to whatever race they do, and you get to travel past the start line. Nothing in the world like driving out to pick up your racer while one of the big boys (say, Danny Thompson) tears down the long course at full boogie, and you listen to the mile times read over the CB.

That guy

Reputable carriers have good relations with the top auto transport companies. Get your vehicle shipped with one of those reliable companies near you.

??

That guy