Topic: 2017 Hooptiefest Brake Failure

Bad circumstance when the Hit em in the Hein ranger lost brakes going into turn 3, taking the RusEfi miata along with. but glad everyone was ok and both were able to get back out.

https://youtu.be/rzf4LYQyp_I

Re: 2017 Hooptiefest Brake Failure

I'm worried about the swear filter because crap happens. We were the victims, but we also know as a team there are risks to take when running on track. We knew it was unintentional and a racing incident. We have to make a few tough decisions now because of it, but the end of it we were going down that path anyways.

The important thing here is that both drivers were able to get out of their vehicles and had no major injuries. Lemons safety enforcement kept both drivers relatively safe during this. Dave, I'm happy that Aaron recognized this occurring beforehand along with each driver behind because this could have ended up worse then it did.

A credit to why you build your safety equipment right and don't skimp out on it.

a lethal overdose of brick wall, taken while under the influence of a Ferrari and a bottle of tequila.

Glad to hear everyone was okay.

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1969 Rover P6B 3500S(sold) - Super G-Rover - I.O.E Winner, Class C Winner
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleshipm Class C x2 and IOE winner
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - IOE,”Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner

Holy crap. I wasn't driving at the time but the Ranger came within a couple feet of the back of Bert the yellow Volvo's rear bumper. Glad our driver at the time got a decent launch out of turn 3. Also glad everyone was ok.

Turn 3 at NHMS and Turn 11 at Sonoma both have this happen with some frequency. Extreme care needs to be taken when you're on the outside line to avoid folks who might overcook the inside line. In this case there was really nothing the Miata driver could have done differently, though.

Bert One - 1981 Volvo 262c Bertone | Ernie - 1990 Nissan 240SX

I was driving the 101 rusefi, there was swearing in the car when this happened, I guarantee it smile
Can we get that video posted?
wish the official told me that wheel was still attached, I would have asked him to push the wheel back straight so i could drive off.... but I got a ride in the ambulance, that was neat.

https://www.facebook.com/greatglobsofoil/
This car....Is said to have a will of it's Own. Twisting its own body in rage...It accelerates on.
1978 Opel/Buick Isuzu(C>B>C>B) , 1996 Nissan Maxima OnlyFans (B) , Sold 1996 Ford Probe GT(B),

I had nearly the same thing happen to me three years ago.  If you replace the Ranger with a yellow FWD Impala, and sub the Miata with a Mustang with a sprint car wing on the roof, you would have ALMOST an identical video.  The difference was I happened to see them coming in my mirror and waited the extra second or two to turn in.  They went right in front of me and through the opening in the tire barrier.

Glad to hear all parties are okay.

"She's a brick house" 57th out of 121 and 5th in Class C, There Goes the Neighborhood 2013
"PA Posse" 21st out of 96 and 2nd in Class C, Capitol Offense 2013.
"PA Posse" 29th out of 133 and Class C WINNER, Halloween Hooptiefest 2013
"PA Posse" 33rd out of 151 and 2nd in Class C, The Real Hoopties 2013

here is the video from rusefi car, me at the helm
https://youtu.be/5JEiF8W1y1M?t=2983

https://www.facebook.com/greatglobsofoil/
This car....Is said to have a will of it's Own. Twisting its own body in rage...It accelerates on.
1978 Opel/Buick Isuzu(C>B>C>B) , 1996 Nissan Maxima OnlyFans (B) , Sold 1996 Ford Probe GT(B),

the emotional outburst and catharsis after sudden impact released from a normally mild mannered gentleman and scholar at track side brought tears of laughter to us....!  OMG!

MarioKart Driving School: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #28) 
Loudon, NH 2014 - Millville, NJ, Lightening 2019 (RIP)
New and improved: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #11) Pittsburgh, PA 2021 - ??
and finally won something, Class C Win: Loudon, NH 2022

9 (edited by chaase 2017-10-30 08:32 AM)

skivittlerjimb wrote:

Holy crap. I wasn't driving at the time but the Ranger came within a couple feet of the back of Bert the yellow Volvo's rear bumper. Glad our driver at the time got a decent launch out of turn 3. Also glad everyone was ok.

Turn 3 at NHMS and Turn 11 at Sonoma both have this happen with some frequency. Extreme care needs to be taken when you're on the outside line to avoid folks who might overcook the inside line. In this case there was really nothing the Miata driver could have done differently, though.

There wasn't really much anyone could do. It sucks to be helpless like that. You can see in the first video posted that the Ranger was on the brakes. There was some smoke coming out from underneath.  Lucky for both parties that there were no injuries.

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1969 Rover P6B 3500S(sold) - Super G-Rover - I.O.E Winner, Class C Winner
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleshipm Class C x2 and IOE winner
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - IOE,”Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner

MZAVARIN wrote:

the emotional outburst and catharsis after sudden impact released from a normally mild mannered gentleman and scholar at track side brought tears of laughter to us....!  OMG!

At Thompson I had the good fortune of learning the hilarity of hearing someone with a Russian accent say "F*** an A".

"She's a brick house" 57th out of 121 and 5th in Class C, There Goes the Neighborhood 2013
"PA Posse" 21st out of 96 and 2nd in Class C, Capitol Offense 2013.
"PA Posse" 29th out of 133 and Class C WINNER, Halloween Hooptiefest 2013
"PA Posse" 33rd out of 151 and 2nd in Class C, The Real Hoopties 2013

racinrob wrote:
MZAVARIN wrote:

At Thompson I had the good fortune of learning the hilarity of hearing someone with a Russian accent say "F*** an A".

Have someone with a Russian accent say "this is proven fact." More hilarity will ensue.

25X Loser - Delinquent Racing - '86 Rust-Tite Merkur - 9 years (when do I get to stop?).