1 (edited by burning2nd 2018-01-28 09:01 AM)

Topic: Introduction

Hey guys, just want to introduce my self.. (and our team)

we are a small European auto garage based out of Pa and we are gonna get involved in this shortly 

we have 2 drivers/mechanics and one other driver  we also have a full shop, a lift and all the fixing to run a business
(i dont think i can free plug our shop)

But we are looking to get involved we started a plan last night , my partner wants to put a volvo v70 wagon,

looking forward to see'n some of you guys

Re: Introduction

Going to events is always a good idea. Consider getting set up as arrive and drives first which will get your teammates to suck it up and buy their driver gear first.(then they'll be invested) Because latter you'll be burning out your credit cards to get your car to its first race.

It wouldn't be the end of the world to get started on the car before going to a race, especially since what else are you going to do this winter? Also the first race near you isn't until NJMP in May so you risk losing momentum by then. It's unfortunate there's no second Jersey race this coming season.

A good plan if you're unsure would be to Hit the NJMP race in May as A&D then plan to have the car ready for Thompson in August. That will necessitate starting on the car earlier than that however unless you can build your own cage. (cage builders have long lead times and screwy schedules.) But your cheapest would be to get the car to NJMP since it will be your cheapest tow and you'll be pretty overspent by the time you are ready to hit the road.

You're close to some really great teams where you are based so you may want to just have a meet up with some of them to see where you need to be in the race car making and race event going shopping lists.

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

3 (edited by burning2nd 2018-01-28 09:02 AM)

last night we had talked about entering a car, but this morning we are kinda leaning more in the direction of a actual pit team, being as 2/3rds of our team are mechanics by profession...

4 (edited by Guildenstern 2017-11-04 05:21 PM)

A $30 Spectator Wristband gets you everywhere in the Paddock all weekend. Only places you can't go are the active track, Hot Pits if they are doing them (active fueling), and Control tower just because they busy.

Other than that you are welcome anywhere and everywhere for the whole 3 days of the event. Everyone is friendly and usually bored when they aren't the ones out in the car so visiting is a constant. Talk to teams, visit the Penalty box and enjoy the people being punished for being terrible drivers, Sit around and watch the racing. Then stick around for the Friday and Saturday night parties.

Again the down side is nothing near you until May. Although the season ender next month at Road Atlanta will probably be pretty good fun if you have the time.

Here's a self published team location map, https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?hl … 49&z=6

Your biggest resource would be the Rally Baby folks down in doylestown. They can tell you and show you all you need to know about getting the car tech approved.

I won't say you really won't need a Lathe and Mill at the track, but I'm sure you'll wish you had one the unlucky time you do need one. And most of the time you'll just wonder why you're bothering unless they permanently live in the trailer. (I've seen it done, it CAN be done)

The Lemons HQ Youtube videos don't lie, it's exactly like what they show, minus the long bits of not doing anything while cars buzz around.

A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)

5 (edited by burning2nd 2018-01-28 09:02 AM)

cool thanks man,

I'm Mike. Were a Midwest team out of Cleveland. We'll probably be doing both Gingerman next season.

https://forums.24hoursoflemons.com/view … p?id=35805

heres matt

I made it too!

Ask questions, Ask lots of questions. This forum is mostly here so people can show off how much stupid stuff they know.

As far as working on cars, fabricating, machine, rigging... Dont have any questions there...

but like the acutal size of the suit and helmet... dont have a freaking clue

was looking at some used stuff..

then after we get all our shit together, there is the question of can we actually use the volvo wagon that matt wants to use

Its already owned buy the shop,  He says its a diff  POS

Im kindda thinking the quatro 90 might be worth less... BUT i dont know they are registered under him

Suits can be a bit tricky. Each company fits a bit diffrent.

Here's a basic fit guide. I recommend a good Vinyl measuring tape. You can usually get them at wallmart/kmarts or anywhere sewing stuff is sold. And they mean it when they say don't use your jeans/pants waist size. these things fit a bit weird.

https://www.wescoperformance.com/crow-d … -size.html

http://www.racesuitrental.com/gear_sizing.html

The Volvo would work fine, it's all in what you want to deal with upside down, in the dark, on the dirt, in the rain.

Wait, you'all have race suits that FIT?  Go to www.raceimage.com in February and find something on closeout in the ballpark of your size that won't fall off.  Just focus on the waist up, length can be altered at any store that rents tuxedos for under $20.

30 entries since 2009
#39 & #53 Overengineer'd Racing - Wilton, NH
http://www.facebook.com/nhlemons

If I just focused on the waist up my massive ham thighs would shred the legs the first time I sat down.