Topic: Tow vehicle I saw many a 6.0L suburbans at NHIS

I am looking at one next week an 05 Quadrasteer 6.0l 2500   as I no longer have my old Tahoe and now after divorce dust settles she keeps the  th 16 F150 3.5 ecoboost.

It does not have the SLS  self leveling suspension thankfully and I plan to use it as a semi winter beast.  Will it tow an enclosed trailer say a 24-28 with normal sized car?

Re: Tow vehicle I saw many a 6.0L suburbans at NHIS

I have exactly one of those.  It will probably have 3.42 gears in it.  I have towed an enclosed 26’ that was about 10k fully loaded, and that was a struggle power wise, but fine chassis wise.  Up to about 8k it will be fine. The rest of the truck is fantastic, and the quadrasteer is amazing to have.  Mine has been mostly trouble free, the GMT800 faults are well documented and I have had 2: intake gaskets, rusty brake lines.  Never get more than 13mpg, that’s when empty and all highway.  It is a wonderful beast of burden and such a useful tool.  When I drove it daily for a while I got pretty tired of a big heavy beast like that, but that’s what you get with a big heavy truck.

Chris from 3 Pedal Mafia

3.42 odd would expect 3.73 in a tow package vehicle to help with grunt.  I know chevy  played with package deals so waiting to hear from seller on how it's spec'ed.

The 8.1 'Burbs get near-as-makes-no-difference fuel economy, plus 500 cubes.  I'd hold out for one of them.

Tunachuckers: 15 Years of Effluency
'08 - '10: 1966 Volvo 122, "Charlie"
'10 - '18: 1975 Ford LTD Landau --> 2018 - current: Converted into 1950 "Plymford"
'22 - current: 1967 Volvo 122, "Charlie ]["

On second thought, you are right, it has 3.73 gears, with optional 4.10 which were on very very few quadrasteers.  Somewhere I have lots of GM data on the specs and ordering and codes and whatnot, along with the technician training course for Quadrasteer

Chris from 3 Pedal Mafia

The Suburban is the greatest vehicle of all time.  Also, for 2 seasons I towed around a 16' trailer with a LeMon loaded, 5 guys and as much gear that would fit for 2 seasons with a 1500 burb that had 200k and a 5.7.  If you are towing one car on an open trailer, don't exclude the 1500.

30 entries since 2009
#39 & #53 Overengineer'd Racing - Wilton, NH
http://www.facebook.com/nhlemons

I've got a small 24 enclosed trailer hence the want for a 2500 series