These are in Dallas.

Make me an offer...

Re: 255/40/17 Tires used - Dallas, TX $200 for 8 of em

Star Specs
https://image.ibb.co/c8mWaw/Star_Spec_ZII_255_17_set.jpg

Maxxis
https://image.ibb.co/dehXhb/Maxxis_225_17_set.jpg

You not running anymore? What car do/did you run? I'm new to the Dallas burbs and have an LS400.

"Don't mess with Lexas!" LS400. We survived another one! See website link for build details.
Maker of the "unofficial Lemons fish!" - If you ask nice, I'll likely give you one at the track.

Still racing, but only start races on new tires... and racing enough to where the scrubs pile up.

They were raced on this

https://image.ibb.co/ik69Xb/Opel717.jpg

And welcome to Dallas.

I love the shock towers sticking through the hood.
-g

Myopic Motorsport's #888 Ceci n'est pas une Citron Thunderbird ("This is not a lemon" but a 1995 tbird w/ 93 V8 swap + shopping cart rear wing)
2017 Sears Pointless Organizer’s Choice

Want but too far away...

Homestead Chump 5th-Sebring 6th-PBIR Lemons 9th - Charlotte Chump  CrashnBurn 9th
Sebring 6th again -NOLA Chump 1st -PBIR Chump Trans Fail 16th
Daytona 11th - Sebring 6th - Atlanta Motor Speedway 2nd - Road Atlanta Trans Fail 61st-Road Atlanta 5th
Daytona 13th - Charlotte 9th - Sebring 2nd-Charlotte 25th broken brakes - Road Atlanta 14 10th-Daytona 14  58th- Humid TT 19th Judges' Choice!

Whats the treadwear on those? 190?

Team Safety 3rd Racing.
Looking for 5-7 more people to join the team. Goal is MSR Houston 2018.
1985 Dodge Daytona Turbo-currently being lemonized.

Woah! That looks pretty serious for Lemons!

"Don't mess with Lexas!" LS400. We survived another one! See website link for build details.
Maker of the "unofficial Lemons fish!" - If you ask nice, I'll likely give you one at the track.

gunn wrote:

I love the shock towers sticking through the hood.
-g

Thanks, we are the posterchild for form follows function.

Team Infinniti wrote:

Want but too far away...

Come do track day at COTA, I will bring tires...

TxdecalwerxRacing wrote:

Whats the treadwear on those? 190?

They are all 200 treadwear... if you can print all manner of decals, we could work a trade perhaps...

Spinnetti wrote:

It is an Opel GT, nothing could be more innocuous, nothing I say.

Jay said it could run, but it actually has only run other series up until now. I expect it will not be a boring trip through BS judging whenever we get around to it. I am guessing Class C (unless they open the hood).

13 (edited by Spinnetti 2017-11-13 05:21 PM)

CBraden wrote:
Spinnetti wrote:

Jay said it could run, but it actually has only run other series up until now. I expect it will not be a boring trip through BS judging whenever we get around to it. I am guessing Class C (unless they open the hood).

Looks very well prepared - like an ex GT4 car! (what's the mill, rotary?)  A few years ago another Opel GT demolished itself by T-boning me and costing me a win... Would be a karmic circle to get your tires lol. First up I need to get it to run again after some wiring issues!

I emailed you via the forum. LMK, I could be very interested in a trade.

Team Safety 3rd Racing.
Looking for 5-7 more people to join the team. Goal is MSR Houston 2018.
1985 Dodge Daytona Turbo-currently being lemonized.

Spinnetti wrote:
CBraden wrote:
Spinnetti wrote:

Looks very well prepared - like an ex GT4 car! (what's the mill, rotary?)  A few years ago another Opel GT demolished itself by T-boning me and costing me a win... Would be a karmic circle to get your tires lol. First up I need to get it to run again after some wiring issues!

Thanks, the mill is a truck motor. Dirt cheap, bastard step child 4.8 Chevy V8 from 99 Silverado. They are insanely cheap because nobody wants them used, and in my opinion, and entirely under rated engine. Plus with the truck cam, it literally makes shifting optional for many tracks.

TxdecalwerxRacing wrote:

I emailed you via the forum. LMK, I could be very interested in a trade.

Attempted to reply - not great at forum / internet.

265hp in an opel GT makes that thing fly.  Looks cool but expect to be in class A with level of fabrication or Class C with great bribes and laps.  Just saying.  I was thinking that is some serious amount of rubber just the drag alone might be alot till I saw baby LS knowing how lite a gutted Opel weighs.

Red Lemons Racing wrote:

265hp in an opel GT makes that thing fly.  Looks cool but expect to be in class A with level of fabrication or Class C with great bribes and laps.  Just saying.  I was thinking that is some serious amount of rubber just the drag alone might be alot till I saw baby LS knowing how lite a gutted Opel weighs.

It isn't nearly as fast as I was thinking when I built it, but it still can get out of it's way. I was very very concerned about safety in the build, and durability over hundreds of race hours. As a result it weighs more than a quarter ton more than a stock Opel (who knew steel adds up to significant weight)... so that is a bit of a handicap. I don't know for sure, but I expect it would not fare well against an Eyesore level team. Hopefully we shall see someday.

The other handicap is every single person has told me it is the hardest car to drive they have ever raced... manual brakes, manual steering (with a fast rack) with a big scrub radius and significant caster, and plenty of grip to pull on the driver this way and that. Nobody believes how hard it will be until they race it. This is why people who don't know stuff shouldn't build race cars from scratch...

Large foot print can be tiresome, anyway to add an electric powersteering?  Would make help in corners and make it an easier car to drive.  Or just change to a 235's. 

Race the sucker which is what your doing,  stick your drivers out on some tag karts for say a 5 hour enduro and let them build some muscle lol.

Good luck in chump we always need more German Vette's.