Topic: What to bring grocery list

I saw it posted here somewhere before. I saw a very detailed list on what to bring with you to the race, like supplies and parts etc. I searched and can't find it. Can anyone provide a link. Thanks!

Four Stripes, Corolla Extra Motorsports
'83 Toyota Corolla #5
Winner, Class C, Yokohama Good Try, Road Atlanta 2018

Re: What to bring grocery list

Send an email to 24hol461@pa.net    I have two lists, one of generic items, and one of specific spares.  I'll be happy to email them both to you.

I am sure you will want to adjust them to your team.

"She's a brick house" 57th out of 121 and 5th in Class C, There Goes the Neighborhood 2013
"PA Posse" 21st out of 96 and 2nd in Class C, Capitol Offense 2013.
"PA Posse" 29th out of 133 and Class C WINNER, Halloween Hooptiefest 2013
"PA Posse" 33rd out of 151 and 2nd in Class C, The Real Hoopties 2013

Item # one...daily driver of exactly the same make, model, year and drivetrain combo.  running, diving parts car with known good spares.

Generic bare bones lists.

Stuff you need for the race
1. tech sheet (read it and check your car over before you load up)
2. all your driver gear
3. your race car with all safety equipment
4. refueling supplies (fuel jugs, fire extinguisher, drip pan)
5. Cash just in case (some tracks have cash only food or stores)

Tools
1. Generic tools (sockets, wrenches, etc)
2. fancy tools (torque wrench for wheels, air compressors, tire pressure gauges, things like that)
3. specialty tools. this is specific to your car. the more you work on your car the better you'll know what fits here.
4. Jack stands and a jack. If you might be on dirt remember planks to put under the jack stands and maybe a big piece of plywood for laying on under the car
5. engine crane if you're prone to blowing up (usually you can find one at the track if you need it)

Spares
Spares will largely depend on your car and dedication to fixing things. you can range from bringing nothing up through bringing a full parts car. But the basic list that most consider bringing
1. Spare set of wheels and tires
2. Spare Brake parts
3. Full swap of fluids
4. Basic consumables (spark plugs, fuel filters, ignition coils, distributors easy stuff like that you may change between races anyway)
5. Common failure parts for your car. This could be anything from axles and wheel bearings to full engines and transmissions. You'll need to know your car

Stuff to make the weekend fun
1. ALL OF THE WATER (seriously, it's easy to get dehydrated at the track, even in the cold)
2. Food (figure out how fancy you want to be)
3. Pit vehicles
4. Alcohol
5. toys to goof off with at night

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

When I'm trying to do a search here, I sometimes go to Google Advanced Search and limit the search to forums.24hoursoflemons.com. Google has so many search options and modifiers.

Thusly, I found this list of stuff - https://forums.24hoursoflemons.com/view … 18#p137618

Also, never forget the Track Mustard (French's Yellow), which of course is stored in one of the parts bins. I did forget it and it caused quite the ruckus.

25X Loser - Delinquent Racing - '86 Rust-Tite Merkur - 9 years (when do I get to stop?).

Could you describe the ruckus, sir?

Capt. Delinquent Racing
RUST-TITE XR4Ti - '21 ARSE-FREEZE-APALOOZA  I Got Screwed
The One & Only Taurus V8 SHO #31(now moved on to another OG Delinquent)
'17 Vodden the Hell - (No) Hope for the Future Award, '08 AMP Survivor, '08 ARSE-FREEZE-APALOOZA Mega-Cheater

Only thing on grocery list for Lemons is BACON!

Interesting. It's 6:30am EST, and the time stamp...

Drivers License - You can't get a driver's wristband without it and its the only thing that you can't beg/borrow/steal or fabricate from duct tape and bailing wire (both of which you should have in your spare bins). I check my wallet a hundred times before leaving home for the track.

We Audi Be Faster
'85 Audi Coupe G(in &) T(onic)

RSB wrote:

Drivers License - You can't get a driver's wristband without it and its the only thing that you can't beg/borrow/steal or fabricate from duct tape and bailing wire (both of which you should have in your spare bins). I check my wallet a hundred times before leaving home for the track.

Add to that, a valid, non-expired drivers license... I know there's been some good stories of people driving back to their home state to fix it on Friday....

Other things not mentioned to consider:

- Radio(s) and chargers
- Chargers & spare batteries for any cordless tools
- 12V charger for automotive battery and/or jump pack
- Extension cord(s) & power strips/splitters
- Additional (large) fire extinguisher
- Oil catch pan
- Welding gloves for changing hot brake parts midway through a day (yes, we got stuck running some crappy brake pads and we did a brake pad swap on Sunday mid-day in ~10 minutes.  It was cheaper and easier than stuffing the car in the wall.  The second set didn't last 4 hours... we were metal on metal at the end the race and we greased the rotor to get the car into the trailer)

How could I forget - zip ties and ratchet straps.

We Audi Be Faster
'85 Audi Coupe G(in &) T(onic)

Red Lemons Racing wrote:

Only thing on grocery list for Lemons is BACON!

You mean we should pack Soggy!

That way there will always be bacon.

88 Festiva  -  Damn Tree!!!
"We Are Not Really From Iran" Festiva  -  Motor and Trans to be anounced

Hand cleaner!

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
IOE winner in the Super Snipe -- Buttonwillow 2012
IOE winner in Super Snipe v2.0 -- Buttonwillow 2016
"Every Super Snipe in Lemons has won an IOE!"

Windex & papertowels....

Lemon_Newton-Metre wrote:

I go to work  early and enjoy a cup of coffee while checking forums prior to leaving house.  It said grocery list....    wink

DelinquentRacer wrote:

Could you describe the ruckus, sir?

Certain persons or person made note of the lack of availability of French's classic mustard for their weenies. And my role in that lack of this condiment.

Perhaps ruckus was overstated. Perhaps it was more truly a ruction.

25X Loser - Delinquent Racing - '86 Rust-Tite Merkur - 9 years (when do I get to stop?).

If going to Joliet, bring your own TP.

An 'apology bottle'.

At one race at Sears I made contact with another car (to my shame, he drifted out into me while overtaking underneath me, going around the corner at the end of the straight, in my blindspot when I was driving the mini-RV, and he got into the duallies on the rear. . .) - and the driver came past with a bottle of Bulleitt although we didn't suffer a whit.

I was shocked, but from then on out I take a bottle with me to further encourage not hitting anything, since then I get to crack it open at the end of the race!

Extra beer to give to teams who have that part/tool/vital thing that lets you keep racing is also nice.  We helped a team out who failed inspection due to a weld at one spreader plate, got a case of Red Stripe in return.

beaker wrote:

Extra beer to give to teams who have that part/tool/vital thing that lets you keep racing is also nice.  We helped a team out who failed inspection due to a weld at one spreader plate, got a case of Red Stripe in return.

The hardest working member of our team is our engine hoist.  since we changed to awesomeness that is the 3800, we rarely use it but it gets used at least twice per race.  rent is paid in beer...and never again Coors Light.

Red Lemons Racing wrote:

2017-11-15 07:30 AM

I go to work  early and enjoy a cup of coffee while checking forums prior to leaving house.  It said grocery list....    wink

Understood. My comment was regarding the message's time stamp being an hour off. I probably should have kept that to myself. My apologies.

How about:

"BACON. It's what's for Racing".

Thanks Everyone. And thanks Rob for the email.

Four Stripes, Corolla Extra Motorsports
'83 Toyota Corolla #5
Winner, Class C, Yokohama Good Try, Road Atlanta 2018

"BACON. It's what's for Racing".

According to a t-shirt I got at a recent conference, data is the new bacon ... not sure how much of a geek Tsoggy is, but I'm suspicious ...

#98 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight - Class A car in the hands of a Class D team - MSR Houston IOE!