Topic: Inde 2018

Is running the long course!

We'll be there. Who else is destroying multiple sets of tires in Feb?

That guy

2 (edited by Fishah 2017-11-22 03:36 PM)

Re: Inde 2018

Long course is confirmed?

We are in for sure either way. Long course looks WAY cooler than short course though.

Was planning on bringing six sticker tires and two used ones. Maybe I should bring eight stickers instead...

#33 Ford Festiva - We Are Not Really From Iran (Retired)
#928 Porsche 928 - West German Pushrodders (Retired)
#3 BMW E36 - The Internet says this is correct

Well, it says so on the sign-up page... I don't know if that equals confirmed.

That guy

Oh I tend not to read stuff. Awesome!

Barring explodey events at Sonoma, look to see the big Benz (#140/440/TBD)... I swear, I'm considering just mounting every used 17" tire I can find on some of the 20 Benz wheels I got on the mezzanine, and seeing what happens... Tire change every driver change smile

Tradewinds Tribesmen Racing (The road goes on forever…)
#289 1984 Corvette Z51 #124 1984 944 #110 2002 Passat
Gone but not forgotten, #427-Hong Kong Cavaliers Benz S500
IOE (Humber!) Hell on Wheels (Jaguar)

6 (edited by Spank 2017-11-22 04:31 PM)

Type44 wrote:

Barring explodey events at Sonoma, look to see the big Benz (#140/440/TBD)... I swear, I'm considering just mounting every used 17" tire I can find on some of the 20 Benz wheels I got on the mezzanine, and seeing what happens... Tire change every driver change smile

That's more or less what we did: I gathered up 12 wheels with used tires, flipped all the tires on each rim and we used them all up for good that weekend.

Some of them dated back to the 1980s

Spank wrote:
Type44 wrote:

That's more or less what we did: I gathered up 12 wheels with used tires, flipped all the tires on each rim and we used them all up for good that weekend.

Some of them dated back to the 1980s

Used is relative. I don't bother with anything from before 2015...

8 (edited by DirtyDuc 2017-11-22 10:14 PM)

You don't really need to worry about it... you run a car with modern tires. Spank had the Mini with 8 inch wide 10 inch diameter wheels...or whatever. I might exaggerate.

On the other hand, my slow car ate a full set of tires... down to the cord, by sometime the middle of sunday... and they were hard.

For comparison, I used a fresh set for Butt-turrible and barely scuffed them in.

That guy

Has anyone got details on the track hosted test day on Friday? The schedule says there is supposed to be one, but the signup link is dead. Maybe registration isn't open yet?

Trying to determine if we have a day before the race to do a shakedown, or if I need to find an HPDE before the race. New car blues and all...

Six weeks away....

Sounds like attendance may be pretty low? Or just nobody excited smile

Still no word on hosted track day.

Busy building...

That guy

Collected the money from the team, gotta pay Lemons, do the front brakes, and hit the track... There's not much to do between races with this beast!

The Durifuto Wa-gun will be there! With a new JDM drivetrain! What could possibly go wrong?

RetroRacing-1973 Super! Beetle
Nine Finger Drifters- 1982 te72 Toyota Corolla Wagon (BEAMS PWRD!)
My one man show: G. D. Yo-Man: No! YOU Ams Da A&&hole!
2010 CMP Fall-Judges' Choice, 2014 Barber-DFL and I Got Screwed!, 3X- You Talk Shit Better Than You Race (YTSBTYR) Award, 2017 NCM- IOE (thanks, Speedy!), 2018 Inde-Heroic Fix, 2019 Inde-Winner C Class

We'll be there hopefully with 2 cars...

Inde confirmed test day on Friday.

$400 per car...

Fishah wrote:

$400 per car...

Yeah.... No. If Sonoma can do it for less, that's sayin somethin'. Guess I'm gonna learn the long course the hard way smile

17 (edited by Fishah 2018-01-11 04:53 PM)

Type44 wrote:
Fishah wrote:

$400 per car...

Yeah.... No. If Sonoma can do it for less, that's sayin somethin'. Guess I'm gonna learn the long course the hard way smile

I'm guessing there are only like 20 cars signed up for this race so they have to charge a lot to cover their operating costs.

I don't know if I can justify $400, but I also really need to do a shakedown of the car and I've got rookie driver's.

Fishah wrote:

...and I've got rookie driver's.

There's always the Pete Peterson Approved™ method of throwing the rookie into the car mid-race, in the hot pits, without ever having let them drive the car in any capacity before that moment, then pointing them towards the track for their first experience of ever having been on a track. It worked for my niece and me.

1982 MG Metro 1300: IOE 2015 Pacific Northworst GP, Longest Distance 2010 Cd'L Box Wine Country Classic
1980 KV Mini 1: Worst of Show and Fright Pig Supremo 2009 Concours d'Lemons
1978 H Special: Second-Round Elimination 2010 Lemons Pinewood Derby at Sears Pointless
1967 SAAB 96: IOE 2012 Pacific Northworst GP, Organizer's Choice 2022 Hell on Wheels California Rally

mharrell wrote:
Fishah wrote:

There's always the Pete Peterson Approved™ method of throwing the rookie into the car mid-race, in the hot pits, without ever having let them drive the car in any capacity before that moment, then pointing them towards the track for their first experience of ever having been on a track. It worked for my niece and me.

Well it appears that may be what will end up happening.

The difference is the car in question is a V8 Porsche that goes like a raped ape.

mharrell wrote:
Fishah wrote:

I tend to stick with some simple instructions before sending them on their way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEHZJNQ5Y4A

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

21 (edited by BoB 2018-01-22 11:34 AM)

duplicate

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

BoB wrote:
mharrell wrote:
Fishah wrote:

BoB I don't remember you telling me about the "really fast" part. But it worked out

Doin' It since 2010

BoB wrote:
mharrell wrote:
Fishah wrote:

BoB I don't remember you telling me about the "really fast" part. But it worked out

Doin' It since 2010

I count 45 entries as of today.

That guy

I'll take 45. Where are you seeing that?