Topic: Just a little chop and spin. Inside looked like it opened up but NOPE,

Spin at about 4:40

https://youtu.be/7U4CTTT8A4A

Re: Just a little chop and spin. Inside looked like it opened up but NOPE,

what kind of car is that, and what engine?   Passing everyone..

It’s an Rx-7 with a 4.8l out of a Chevy Truck.

Love that car and build. Glad you guys got it to stop trying to detonate itself. Nice driving this weekend as well...I think I gave chase for a while on Sunday if you want me to dig up the video.

CrownNeverVictorious wrote:

Love that car and build. Glad you guys got it to stop trying to detonate itself. Nice driving this weekend as well...I think I gave chase for a while on Sunday if you want me to dig up the video.

Thanks Man!  It has been quite a challenge to get the bugs worked out.  Id love to see any video that you've got. 

Cheers!

Almost always better to pass on the outside of the Carousel exit. At the 4:38 or 4:39 mark you still had time to drift out to the right and probably pass all four cars in front of you down the straight. Ah well, glad you and the car were ok!

Bert One - 1981 Volvo 262c Bertone | Ernie - 1990 Nissan 240SX

skivittlerjimb wrote:

Almost always better to pass on the outside of the Carousel exit. At the 4:38 or 4:39 mark you still had time to drift out to the right and probably pass all four cars in front of you down the straight. Ah well, glad you and the car were ok!

Hindsight being 20/20, you are absolutely right.

Grip wrote:

Thanks Man!  It has been quite a challenge to get the bugs worked out.  Id love to see any video that you've got. 

Cheers!

The straight line speed of that thing is terrifying. Here's some video from Sunday when I was chasing it around.
https://youtu.be/FAqBfKH6084

Grip wrote:
skivittlerjimb wrote:

Hindsight being 20/20, you are absolutely right.

I used to think outside was always better there, until I was squeezed off the track at pucker speed.  The problem with outside is you don't have a lot of outs if the slower car tracks out.  The problem with inside is that you run out of space quick at the kink at the end of the drag strip.  Sorry, these are things you probably already know, but there's really not much you can do other than making sure you can jump on the brakes whichever way you go.

I should have just waited for the two cars ahead to get sorted out then dealt with it. Oh well. Minor contact and a quick trip to the penalty box. Live and learn.

Car seems over-powered for the handling ability.  Tough to avoid that...

LemonAid - Changing kids lives one lap at a time.