Topic: The Scrotium 500! Aka how the Lowballers broke all their cars.

Well the 2017 season is officially in the books, and my hands are finally thawed out enough to type. Road Atlanta tried to take us down, but we survived. After leaving as scheduled 5 hours after the scheduled departure we made it to a very frozen track in time for a little sleep and then some testing, BS inspection and tech. The icy conditions claimed it's first victim when the mustang slid into the wall of pit lane during practice laps, crunching the fender, front bumper and killing the radiator. Debuting for this race, the geo was equipped with a super aerodynamic (and twerking) bug for a King of the Hill Dales Dead Bug theme. Sputtr set a high standard of excellence by performing great at test day, putting down some fast lap times, and breezing through tech.
Saturday we woke up to a winter wonderland, not what you want to wake up to at a racetrack. All the cars turned some VERY cautious laps as the track thawed out. And then, as the snow started to melt so did our hopes of a trouble free race.
The mustang had a resurgence of the same cylinder miss that has plagued it for 4 races, which caused it to run on 5 cylinders for the rest of Saturday. Sputtr had much of the mornings snow melt directly into the ECU, flooding it out and short circuiting multiple sensors and frying the ECU itself. And then there was the Geo. A catastrophic tie rod failure in turn 1 sent it directly into the inside wall, shortening the already short wheelbase an additional 4 inches on the right side. Thankfully all drivers were okay and able to work through the night repairing all the cars for Sundays session.... Hahahah just kidding, we drove the picnic table around all night instead, but not before putting the Geo on the Precision Ridgeline/F250 frame restorer. Videos coming soon.
Sunday morning, after stumbling out of the RV to assess the damage from the night before, we set out to getting all 3 cars on track. Sputtr managed to do the impossible and find an available unobtainium ECU on a Sunday morning and set out to meet up with someone to pick it up. The Mustang co owner's removed the intake manifold only to notice a surprisingly dry port which showed a faulty fuel injector was the bane of their existence all along. We resorted to fine tuning the frame of the geo using progressively larger hammers as necessitated.
As the track went cold for quiet hour, the geo was getting buttoned up with a new radiator, the mustang was discovered to have a cracked rotor, and Sputtr was still in search of their unobtanium parts.
Finally after quiet hour, the Geo got the all clear from the powers that be, to return to track. The Mustang was running on all of its cylinders for a change. Sputtr.... Was still waiting.
Finally the unthinkable happened and the ECU arrived... But Sputtr still didn't run. The problems caused by the initial fried ECU proved to be insurmountable and the Benz was retired to dominate another day.
The mustang, now running on an additional 1/6th horsepower, rocketed to a top 10 finish!
The Geo, while driving like a wetter noodle than usual, returned to the track and had fun, if nothing else.
Despite the weekend full of challenges, we still had a blast and enjoyed getting to see our Lemons family! Now to prepare for the 2018 season! Just kidding, we will goof off and have to scramble the two weeks before the opener in typical Lowballer fashion!

Knoxvegas Lowballers - Team Mom: unfortunately that is my circus and those are my monkeys.
www.facebook.com/KnoxvegasLowballers

Re: The Scrotium 500! Aka how the Lowballers broke all their cars.

You guys are great, and the cars are always fun to watch.  Pretty amazing that there were 3 mid 60'd mustangs at the race.

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

Sir Thomas Crapper wrote:

You guys are great, and the cars are always fun to watch.  Pretty amazing that there were 3 mid 60'd mustangs at the race.

We're the 67/68 coupes the same team or just an awesome coincidence?

Interceptor Motorsports
351w Foxy T-Bird - Class B Winner!, 440 Bluesmobile - Judges Choice, Org Choice & IOE!, Camero, Fuego Turbo - Heroic Fix & IOE!

I think an awesome coincidence.

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

I mean.... I feel like ours hardly counts as a legit mustang.

Knoxvegas Lowballers - Team Mom: unfortunately that is my circus and those are my monkeys.
www.facebook.com/KnoxvegasLowballers

It's still ford parts, right?

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.