Topic: Alabama 2018

Who is in? Who is ready for snow? Who is ready for warm weather for their Yankee blood?  Wisconsin crap is making the trip to the south,who else is going to Barber?

Wisconsin Crap Racers #113 E36
I.O.E. Winners 2023 Gingerman
2016 and 2017 Cure for Gingivitis Champs!
30+ time Losers!

Re: Alabama 2018

Duff Beer will be there. We are not ready for snow. We really never want to see snow again.

Everybody grab your brooms, it's shenanigans!

I live for the snow! I will be coming but my car will not. Who needs a driver?

Owner of the Knights Templar Neon
A&D of middling proportions

See snow, sure. Drive in snow, not so much. But if it's dry snow, that's like racing on sand, which I do almost every month. (but not at 28F, or cars without heaters.)

Now towing that massive beast to AL (and back), that's something I truly don't want to do.

Duff Beer Civic (#128) -- 2014 Sebring - Class B (#1 of 7), 2016 Barber - Class B
1981 Jet Electrica 007 [Plymouth Horizon TC3] (#128) -- Mk.1 - Index of Effluency Eco (IOEe) @ 2016 Lemons South Fall, Mk.2 - Judges' Choice @ 2017 'Shine Country Classic, Mk.3 - Index of Effluency @ 2017 Southern Discomfort

I hate snow.  If I liked snow, I'd move to where they have it all the time.  Snow and road racing don't mix.  We're hoping for a nice sunny 70 degree day at Barber!

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

We will be there. Chicago may be a winter wonderland at that time:

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z110/coolhand454/Barber%202014/1551685_10151891806253085_270920787_n_zps3pauqwrj.jpg

Byte Marks Racing - "You knew the job was dangerous when you took it Fred."
1992 Nissan 240SX DM Edition (Drift Master)

Expect a Tetanus infection again. Not sure if it's going to be 2 cars or maybe even 3.

ONSET/Tetanus Racing, est. 2008.
Guest drives: NSF, Rocket Surgery, Property Devaluation, Terminally Confused, Team Sputnik, The Syndicate, Pit Crew Revenge, Spank, Hella Shitty, Sir Jackie Stewart's Coin Purse, Nine Finger Drifters, Salty Thunder, Panting Polar Bear, Vistabeam, Hangar 13, and Escape Velocity.
74 races so far.

Burnt Rubber Soul Racing will be there with the Probe, a couple of guest drivers, and a cooler full of beer and cheap wine.

COM ( Chief Operating Moron ) of Burnt Rubber Soul Racing
Current fleet: 95 Ford Probe, 81 Mazda 626.  Past: 81 Imperial
Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/burntrubbersoulracing

We will be there with the BumbleBee.

cpchampion wrote:

Expect a Tetanus infection again. Not sure if it's going to be 2 cars or maybe even 3.

Gotta get them champeenship points...

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

Lowballers are going. It is entirely too early to guess what cars will be making the trip. We've barely unpacked from the Scrotium.

Knoxvegas Lowballers - Team Mom: unfortunately that is my circus and those are my monkeys.
www.facebook.com/KnoxvegasLowballers

therood wrote:
cpchampion wrote:

Gotta get them champeenship points...

Not a Gulf race for 2018 so points are less important... but every one of our drivers who has gone to Barber loves the place so we have to find ways to get more seat time there.

ONSET/Tetanus Racing, est. 2008.
Guest drives: NSF, Rocket Surgery, Property Devaluation, Terminally Confused, Team Sputnik, The Syndicate, Pit Crew Revenge, Spank, Hella Shitty, Sir Jackie Stewart's Coin Purse, Nine Finger Drifters, Salty Thunder, Panting Polar Bear, Vistabeam, Hangar 13, and Escape Velocity.
74 races so far.

B&W Racing will be there for the first time!  No idea what to expect but expect typical Lemons result.... blown up motor, brakes on fire, etc.

'94 BMW E36 - mostly fast with frequent periods of sitting in the pits getting worked on

I wish we were bringing the Dart there, but there's not enough time or money to get ready for another race before NOLA. Might arrive and drive, depending on how the bank account looks in January.

The Super! Beetle shall rise again! See y'all in about 6 weeks!

RetroRacing-1973 Super! Beetle
Nine Finger Drifters- 1982 te72 Toyota Corolla Wagon (BEAMS PWRD!)
My one man show: G. D. Yo-Man: No! YOU Ams Da A&&hole!
2010 CMP Fall-Judges' Choice, 2014 Barber-DFL and I Got Screwed!, 3X- You Talk Shit Better Than You Race (YTSBTYR) Award, 2017 NCM- IOE (thanks, Speedy!), 2018 Inde-Heroic Fix, 2019 Inde-Winner C Class

Wesleyw wrote:

B&W Racing will be there for the first time!  No idea what to expect but expect typical Lemons result.... blown up motor, brakes on fire, etc.

Glad to hear you guys will be there Wes.  I'd suggest running the test day to get familiar with the track.

Captain

It appears we will get our car reassembled and come down to get some warmth in Alabama in a month.  Looking forward to seeing our Lemons friends.

LemonAid - Changing kids lives one lap at a time.

My teammates can't make it, but I'll be there in Pollock's car. Really don't want to miss a Barber race, the track's too fun. Also, I look forward to Phil's second annual disquisition on pedal pumping over at the Hampton Inn.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

Mulry wrote:

My teammates can't make it, but I'll be there in Pollock's car. Really don't want to miss a Barber race, the track's too fun. Also, I look forward to Phil's second annual disquisition on pedal pumping over at the Hampton Inn.

It's also always Phil's birthday(ish) at Barber.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

20 (edited by Dudefladge 2018-01-09 10:02 AM)

The Valiant Racing Slant Six team will be there with the #225 car.  We are having a "Thrash Weekend" next week to fine tune a couple things in our quest to DOMINATE Class C...

Or perhaps just enjoy a fun weekend of wrenching and bench racing with a group of friends that all suffer from the same chronic condition known as "Slant Sickness"... :-)

Off-Kilter Racing
'62 Plymouth Valiant "ToadRacer" - Organizer's Choice, IOE...
'86 Toyota MR2 (needs engine)

VKZ24 wrote:
Wesleyw wrote:

Glad to hear you guys will be there Wes.  I'd suggest running the test day to get familiar with the track.

I use Iracing to get familiar with Barber and it helped a lot. BTW

2010, 26th @ CMP, 2011, 10th & 5th at CMP, 2012? (MIA), 2013 Spring CMP, 53rd, 2013 Fall CMP 44th, 2014 Barber 14th, 2014 CMP 46th, 2015 CMP 57th, 2015 CMP 80th, 2016 CMP 16th, 3rd in B class, Winner Judges choice, and First car under 2.0 liter Alex's lemon aide stand winner. 2017 WRL, Road Atlanta 43rd, 2017 NCM 9th O/A , 1st in B class, 2018 CMP 13th O/A 3rd in Class B

Deathwheel Motorsports will be there with the NAPA Neaux How pickup!

Team - Deathwheel Motorsports
'92 Mazda B2000 Napa Neaux How truck

steve wrote:
VKZ24 wrote:
Wesleyw wrote:

I use Iracing to get familiar with Barber and it helped a lot. BTW

We used iRacing as well, and did the test day for our first race. iRacing has worked really well for familiarization with new tracks. If I get a few hours of iRacing in, then it only takes me a few laps to get up to speed.

Everybody grab your brooms, it's shenanigans!

Any idea of the car count for this event?

Captain

25 (edited by R&R 2018-01-30 08:58 AM)

The "El Rauncho"  1965 Ranchero will be there.  Looking forward to another go at glory!