Re: 2018 Rules Update: Class C cars will get to race for half price!

Hi, Mike!

jfbeam wrote:
Mr.Yuck wrote:

if you want to win, build a better car

And when you've built that better car and start winning, they're going to start tacking on penalty laps to keep you from winning. (or bring back the "X" class) Those BS laps, and the BS attitude from the judges pinning them on you, have driven numerous teams away from Lemons. Granted, I hate seeing the same team with the same guys and car winning every time. (eg. Hong Norrth) But that's not a reason to penalize a team that lucks up and falls backwards into a win. That's both of the Duff Civic wins: Sebring  - no one was there, Barber - the correct half dozen cars broke. That's how Idle Clatter (Planet Express Ship) won at Sebring; they were bumped to B and no longer race that car -- they had to build another one, the Pizza Planet "Toyocedes". I don't have any ideas for a solution, certainly not one that will work for Lemons HQ -- two dozen events per year, 1000-1500 unique teams, 5000+ drivers... I'm surprised Jay (et al.) remembers as many names as he does. (if it weren't for the "electric race car", I doubt he'd remember us.)

And speaking of Hong Norrth and Chump... they won almost every Lemons race. They win most of their WRL races. They DON'T win Chump races. That should tell you the magnitude of the cheatiness of Chump cars. Plus, in the east region, the extreme tolerance (and encouragement -- ask VK about their novice class) of contact. The name change was in response to a bunch of PC/SJW/butt-hurt over the "derogatory" term used to describe the series and it's participants. ("members" now that it's a tax-free non-profit club)

Like I said Chumps is a completely different ball game. Everything is points based so I'm not sure what you mean by "cheatiness" You can run aftermarket cams, intakes, headers, radiators, oil pans w/o breaking any rules. So for 200 points you can add a ton of HP. Considering most cars have a "V.P.I" of 250 or less it gives you a lot of room for speedy parts. In order to do anything like that here you have to get your car down to Zero and try and stay under $500 (which we did)

"get up and get your grandma outta here"

To win a Lemons race takes more car development time, team organization and driver skill than winning a WRL race.  IMHO.  Having run in both series.  Lemons requires many years of car development.  You can show up with a $100K car built to the limit of the rules in WRL and win the first race you show up to.  Has there ever been a team that has won a Lemons race in their very first race in the series?

So for teams that have won multiple races, I would venture to guess they have spent more money running in Lemons and time developing their car than the teams that aren’t beating them.

LemonAid - Changing kids lives one lap at a time.

TeamLemon-aid wrote:

Has there ever been a team that has won a Lemons race in their very first race in the series?

Well, there were several teams that have won first time around back in the early days, simply because the series was new. But I think it's only happened maybe once since 2010-11. I want to say the team that won the BFEGP race in 2016 were first timers?

Fourteen time loser. You'd think I'd know better by now.

Maverick74 wrote:
TeamLemon-aid wrote:

Has there ever been a team that has won a Lemons race in their very first race in the series?

Well, there were several teams that have won first time around back in the early days, simply because the series was new. But I think it's only happened maybe once since 2010-11. I want to say the team that won the BFEGP race in 2016 were first timers?

Motorcycle powered GeoMetro won first time out.  An inspiration to do Lemons.  smile

http://www.motoiq.com/MagazineArticles/ … Gnome.aspx

We won our class our first time out in the Electrica. Of course we were in class E, and class E only existed for one race, and we were the only car  in class E, but we'll take the trophy.

Everybody grab your brooms, it's shenanigans!

I could believe first time winners in any other class.. but the overall is not easy.

LemonAid - Changing kids lives one lap at a time.

hoverducky wrote:

Hi, Mike!

Scott!!! We need to hang out sometime. Maybe even race??!! Not sure when I'll be in the Bay area next though

Mike
Hong Norrth
#39 TRON Gray/Orange MX-3, aka "Sumbich"

autoxmike wrote:

Scott!!! We need to hang out sometime. Maybe even race??!! Not sure when I'll be in the Bay area next though

You planning on the Runoffs at Sears next year?  Long tow.