Topic: Typical weather to expect at Barber

We will be migrating to Barber in three weeks and we are wondering what the weather is typically like in Northern Alabama in the first week of February. I know that anything is possible including blizzards and ice storms and sleet, but after a couple of weeks of single digit temperatures here in the northeast, I am kinda looking forward to 45 to 65 degree possibilities and not having to bring arctic clothing and space heaters.  Once again, I know that things change rapidly and its still way too early, but are my hopes too far fetched? And we aren't set up with snow tires.

Thanks to anyone that responds.

'17 /  '16 Nj - Ct  - NH,  "15 - There Goes the Neighborhood, Doin Time in Joliet, Ct, NH     
'14 / '13 / '12 / '11 - Halloween Hooptifest, The Real Hoopties of NJ, There Goes the Neighborhood
'10 + 09 Boston Toe Party and Overhead Cam Bake - IOE at Toe Party
Other distractions including  K1200RS,  99 Speed Triple,  65 Corvair 455ci,  65 Corvair Corsa,  84 633csi, 85 XR4Ti Rapido, 01 e46 Touring

Re: Typical weather to expect at Barber

Been there the last three years.  Lows between 25-40 at night, and highs of 45-60 during the day.  In short, it varies a bit, but has been decent the last three years with rain only once ( last year Sat night-Sun morning ).  If the sun is out, all the better.

COM ( Chief Operating Moron ) of Burnt Rubber Soul Racing
Current fleet: 95 Ford Probe, 81 Mazda 626.  Past: 81 Imperial
Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/burntrubbersoulracing

I would plan for the worst and hope for the best, as it's a crapshoot.  2014 still had ice in Atlanta and parts of Alabama as we passed through and there were burned out cars near our hotel.  I believe they also called the race early on Sunday that year due to torrential rain.

whatever it was i didn't do it
dorifto dogs E30 - gone but not forgotten

Lee Ho Fook's Racing E36

4 (edited by VKZ24 2018-01-12 09:16 AM)

We've been mostly lucky with the weather in AL in February.  It's usually cold in the mornings with temps just above freezing, but when the sun is out, has been as warm as 60 in the afternoon.  It's always been breezy though, so when you're not in the sun it's usually kind of chilly.  Of course compared to the NE, it's will likely feel like summer to you.

The best thing about Barber is their facilities are REALLY NICE.  Hell, you may even meet Mr. Barber himself.  He's a super nice guy who'll talk to you like an old friend.

Weather be damned, you'll be impressed.

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

It was cold "AF" last year; but then I got a sunburn the next day.

Get there early enough on Friday to spend a few hours going through the museum. Well worth the time.

Thanks for the responses, and the take away as stated is to plan for the worst and hope for the best . . .

'17 /  '16 Nj - Ct  - NH,  "15 - There Goes the Neighborhood, Doin Time in Joliet, Ct, NH     
'14 / '13 / '12 / '11 - Halloween Hooptifest, The Real Hoopties of NJ, There Goes the Neighborhood
'10 + 09 Boston Toe Party and Overhead Cam Bake - IOE at Toe Party
Other distractions including  K1200RS,  99 Speed Triple,  65 Corvair 455ci,  65 Corvair Corsa,  84 633csi, 85 XR4Ti Rapido, 01 e46 Touring

No doubt. Planning for the worst is the best way to go.  As the saying goes... "It's better to have and not need, than to need and not have."  Given the winter so far, you'll probably feel like you back north anyway. Snow in Atlanta in early December.  Who'd a thunk it?

You are asking about weather in the south.... this week in Tennessee it has been 8 degrees and 65 degrees with sun, rain, wind, ice, and snow.... We can barely predict weather for the day, much less next month.

One piece of advice: LAYERS!!!!

Knoxvegas Lowballers - Team Mom: unfortunately that is my circus and those are my monkeys.
www.facebook.com/KnoxvegasLowballers

Most years we have had rain at least half of one race day too.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.