Topic: First Gen Celica

Has anyone ran a first Gen Celica?

Team Captain at Rust Belt Racing,IOE Pontiac Aztek with The Pit Crew Revenge,Organizers Choice 1956 Nash Metro With Cheesy beards Racing,IOE 1977 Toyota Celica S/T RBR,.SERVICE BY MANNY, MOE, AND JACK PIT CREW REVENGED AEWOO LEGANZA,Judges Choice Chevy HHR RBR

Re: First Gen Celica

There has been at least one that I'm aware of. It raced in the Midwest around 2011. From what I can tell, it didn't do all that well.
http://www.murileemartin.com/UG/LMIS11/LMIS11-UG-0481.jpg

Fourteen time loser. You'd think I'd know better by now.

We run a 2nd gen, it’s a good platform but the 2nd gen is unloved and parts are cheap. 1st gen is more desirable so harder to find parts at least in the rust belt.
Just be aware the Toyota 4 bangers are not F1 engines, they are strong and reliable up to about 4300 rpm. .

https://blog.caranddriver.com/lemons-go … ne-blocks/

Apocalyptic Racing - Occupy Pit Lane racing
Racing the "Toylet" Toyota Celica powered by Chevrolet Ecotec.
24x Loser with the Celica. 16x loser in other fine machines
Overall winner Gingerman 2019

Well I'm in the rust Belt(Fort Wayne area)! and picked one up to run. parts are truly hard to find, at lease Calipers. I am in the middle of attempting to rebuild the OG ones off the car. First time team + soso car + ambitions of having a good time=success right? I have my self Helped with a few Epic builds on the west coast though(56 Nash Metro and the Aztek). The rest of the team are completely new to the race series!

Maverick74 thanks for the pic! similar car we will be building. themed much differently though wink

Team Captain at Rust Belt Racing,IOE Pontiac Aztek with The Pit Crew Revenge,Organizers Choice 1956 Nash Metro With Cheesy beards Racing,IOE 1977 Toyota Celica S/T RBR,.SERVICE BY MANNY, MOE, AND JACK PIT CREW REVENGED AEWOO LEGANZA,Judges Choice Chevy HHR RBR

Pretty sure I can guess your theme.

Good luck with your build.

COM ( Chief Operating Moron ) of Burnt Rubber Soul Racing
Current fleet: 95 Ford Probe, 81 Mazda 626.  Past: 81 Imperial
Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/burntrubbersoulracing

stangman4ever wrote:

Well I'm in the rust Belt(Fort Wayne area)! and picked one up to run. parts are truly hard to find, at lease Calipers. I am in the middle of attempting to rebuild the OG ones off the car. First time team + soso car + ambitions of having a good time=success right? I have my self Helped with a few Epic builds on the west coast though(56 Nash Metro and the Aztek). The rest of the team are completely new to the race series!

Maverick74 thanks for the pic! similar car we will be building. themed much differently though wink

One of out team members is in Fort Wayne.  If you want to carpool with him to build day at the Bad Decisions HQ for some bad advice and to see our newest epic build, let me know.

Us, Brett85 and Majo and few others are the loose alliance of idiots in the Midwest I call the "Usual Suspects".  We don't actually accomplish anything but telling lies and bringing a few interesting builds to the track.  Oh, and Brett is kina fast and has an amazing bladder.

If you decide to build this shoot me a PM, I can offer advice on a simple big brake upgrade and other upgrades.

I've been slowly developing mine for a few years now using off the shelf/junkyard parts and it stops and turns better than you would expect for mostly 1978 technology.

Apocalyptic Racing - Occupy Pit Lane racing
Racing the "Toylet" Toyota Celica powered by Chevrolet Ecotec.
24x Loser with the Celica. 16x loser in other fine machines
Overall winner Gingerman 2019

Pm me your guess and I'll let you know if your right, and or give you a hint.

majo wrote:

Pretty sure I can guess your theme.

Good luck with your build.