Topic: The Opels of the 24 Hours of Lemons

http://autoweek.com/sites/default/files/styles/gen-738-415/public/LemonsOpelsAnimated.gif?itok=e2jqX00z

I have done 100% Opel content for my daily Autoweek posts this week, and I finished up Opel Week with a big gallery of all the Opels that have competed in our series. Yes, I am counting the Cadillac Catera and 1981 Isuzu I-Mark as true Opels here. An amazing nine Opel GTs have raced, which beats the TR7, Capri, MGB, and Renault Caravelle.

Re: The Opels of the 24 Hours of Lemons

I think we need a caravan to fully represent the marque.

Everybody grab your brooms, it's shenanigans!

How heartening! I love this! Growing up in Flint, MI, the word "Opel" was a punchline in itself. It's nice to see those old cars are still around.

4 (edited by gtopat 2018-02-01 10:58 PM)

The cheatonium black-flag-magnet west-coast GTO team is Opel-derived too, The VZ platform under the 04-06 GTO is essentially a VX Holden Commodore. Catera & GTO door handles swap. I think the fenders bolt up too.

Interceptor Motorsports
351w Foxy T-Bird - Class B Winner!, 440 Bluesmobile - Judges Choice, Org Choice & IOE!, Camero, Fuego Turbo - Heroic Fix & IOE!

There's a Kadett in So Cal that will be racing soon, and there is a wagon near me I'd love to bring.

http://www.carolinahondas.com/members/roger-albums-dad-picture3999-opel451.jpg

Everybody grab your brooms, it's shenanigans!

^ All that glitters is not gold

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)

gtopat wrote:

The cheatonium black-flag-magnet west-coast GTO team is Opel-derived too, The VZ platform under the 04-06 GTO is essentially a VX Holden Commodore. Catera & GTO door handles swap. I think the fenders bolt up too.

The same should go for a G8, since it's a full-size (4-door) Commodore underneath., right?

Does this mean you can bolt the front clip from a Holden HSV or Vauxhall VXR onto a Cadillac Catera? I don't know why anyone would ever want to do that, but I'm still strangely excited for some reason.

SpaceFrank wrote:
gtopat wrote:

The same should go for a G8, since it's a full-size (4-door) Commodore underneath., right?

Does this mean you can bolt the front clip from a Holden HSV or Vauxhall VXR onto a Cadillac Catera? I don't know why anyone would ever want to do that, but I'm still strangely excited for some reason.

Forget that! I want to bolt Catera fenders to a GTO!

Quad4 CRX - Wartburg 311 - Civic Wagovan - Parnelli Jones Galaxie - LS400 - Lancia MR2 - Boat - Sentra - 56 Ford Victoria
Known Associate of 3pedal Mafia, Speedycop, and the Russians.  Maybe even NSF.