Topic: Moscow CB

Hey this is gonna be my first rally and I'm curious if there are going to be any cbs active...I can quick rig my hooptie with one if I think we are gonna use them.

Re: Moscow CB

The last one it was big thing so likely a good idea.  try to find one with vacuum tubes or an impressively 60's typeface for the font...or a Heathkit because, homemade.

I don't think Heathkit ever made a CB rig, because of the FCC type-acceptance requirements.
But one with thermionic valves (aka tubes) does fit the spirit of the occasion.   Besides, they
will help keep the interior of your car warm.  smile

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
IOE winner in the Super Snipe -- Buttonwillow 2012
IOE winner in Super Snipe v2.0 -- Buttonwillow 2016
"Every Super Snipe in Lemons has won an IOE!"

CowDriver wrote:

I don't think Heathkit ever made a CB rig...

Actually Heathkit made a series of CB radio kits: tube or transistor, base or mobile. Here's a GW-14, one of their transistorized models aimed primarily at the automotive market:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ee/d2/86/eed2862d9a3c67d2b10db8d9702bf765.jpg

1982 MG Metro 1300: IOE 2015 Pacific Northworst GP, Longest Distance 2010 Cd'L Box Wine Country Classic
1980 KV Mini 1: Worst of Show and Fright Pig Supremo 2009 Concours d'Lemons
1978 H Special: Second-Round Elimination 2010 Lemons Pinewood Derby at Sears Pointless
1967 SAAB 96: IOE 2012 Pacific Northworst GP, Organizer's Choice 2022 Hell on Wheels California Rally

mharrell wrote:
CowDriver wrote:

I don't think Heathkit ever made a CB rig...

Actually Heathkit made a series of CB radio kits: tube or transistor, base or mobile. Here's a GW-14, one of their transistorized models aimed primarily at the automotive market:

Wow, color me embarrassed!   I thought that I knew what I was talking about.   Thanks for the correction.

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
IOE winner in the Super Snipe -- Buttonwillow 2012
IOE winner in Super Snipe v2.0 -- Buttonwillow 2016
"Every Super Snipe in Lemons has won an IOE!"

sometimes I google something in lieu of embarrassing myself. But not nearly often enough.

I Survived Hell on Wheels, Car Weeeak, Route Sucky Suck, etc.

its been a long since I used a CB .. I will need to brush up on the lingo ..  heres a little list you should look at .  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_CB_slang