Topic: My resume for South/Midwest Region

I ain’t real smart & I ain’t got a buncha racin’ ‘sperience, but I like ta go fast!!
I’ve got some personality and a sense of humor too…
I can fetch & carry parts purdy good & know the dif’rence ‘tween a screwdriver & a hammer…
And I don’t eat much (usually)…
I have done a few laps at the Nurburgring and Hockenheim Ring in Germany along with a few autocross events over the years…
I s’pose drag racin’ don’t really count much…
I’ve still got all my fingers & toes & can count with ‘em okay…
I can hear purdy good & got glasses fer my crossed up eye…
I’m purdy good at gittin’ along with folks & like ta pitch in wherever I can…
I ain’t independently wealthy, but I got a steady job…
And most importantly, my wife sez it’s okay if I do this!

So,… I’m looking to get involved with a team that is more about the experience than the lap count. I’m competitive as well, but this is all about the fun factor for me.

I’m located near Louisville, KY and would like to help out with a team(s) within a couple hours of there or teams racing in the South and Midwest Regions. I want to drive, of course, but I'm down for helping on a pit crew as well.

Re: My resume for South/Midwest Region

Oh yeah, I'll be at the Kim Harmon Scrotium 500 at Road Atlanta 9-10 December if anyone needs a hand. I have my competition license, but haven't purchased the driver gear yet.

I'll have a truck and car trailer with an old Valiant parts car on it.

I'm still a newbie, but I've now attended a race...

All the stuff in that first post is still the same... LOL

I'm teamed up with the '64 Valiant with the Slant 6 #225 car.  The car ran great all weekend.  Jason teamed up with Wheel Team 6 for this race.  Great bunch of guys.

It looks like I'll get my chance at Barber in February. :-)

Hopefully next year I'll start preparing my '62 Valiant...  Judge Phil gave it a thumbs up when he saw it this weekend... ;-)

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/924/3amxwa.jpg

4 (edited by travis_arnold11 2018-01-16 05:08 AM)

I am in the very early stages (I have a car, thats about it) and I would definitely be interested in a wrencher and MAYBE a driver as well.  I'm about to begin a build in hopes of racing at Gingerman in June if you are interested I'm in Lagrange, KY, but some of the work will take place at my dad's welding shop and house in Corydon, IN and my other co-captain's place in Cincinnati.

Anyway, shoot me an email travis_arnold11@yahoo.com if you want to at least entertain the idea.  I have a car that will be extremely fun to drive on track although we will likely start lots of laps behind and will probably spin a bearing before we get done cause it has A LOT of miles.

Hey Travis.
I’m just 30 minutes from Corydon. I’m teamed up with a couple teams and have the Valiant now, but I’m always open to wrenching and driving!
I’ll shoot you an email.

Rob

Hey Rob and Travis,

I live in New Albany. Check out my resume post when you have a min. Let me know if I can help you guys. If nothing else, maybe we can meet up to trade war stories.

Adam

Hey Adam,

We should definitely get together and talk Lemons.

I sent you a pm or email whatever its called here last night with my cell number. Let me know if you got it or not. Id rather not post it on here but I will if you didnt get. I know there was an issue with the forum mail server last week so maybe it isnt back up yet.

It'd be great to hear what your experience has been so far. I haven't been to a Lemons race yet. Planning to go to Joliet in April just to watch if I dont find a team by then.

Hey Adam,

It just came through.  I'll give you a call this evening.  I've only watched one race at Atlanta, but I'll be racing at Barber this weekend!