1 (edited by uhlhazard 2017-12-26 09:36 PM)

Topic: South Texas wrench looking to find a team

I'd love to contribute wrenching/engineering/design to a racing team. I have a 14" cargo trailer I use as my shop in my backyard. (perfect to drag to the track)

My dream build is a 1st/2nd gen bravada since I know them inside/out and feel like they would be a very reliable vehicle with spare parts for days.

I work from home and have retirement levels of spare time.

I also go hard @ electrical work.

I'm not even necessarily interested in driving as much as I just think it would be a blast to do a build.

Re: South Texas wrench looking to find a team

Heres a link to my build log for my daily (and only) driver: https://blazerforum.com/forum/builds-48 … ins-89707/

How far south in Texas?

Skip "Mongo" L.
Team DadBod

4 (edited by uhlhazard 2018-01-31 10:40 PM)

I'm in Willis, exit 94 on I45 north just south of Sam Houston National Forest.

Sorry for the late response, I never got any notifications until someone pm'd me.

One of our teammates is in Huntsville and may be building another car this year. Would you object to the drive down to a garage in Huntsville for some wrenching?

ONSET/Tetanus Racing, est. 2008.
Guest drives with NSF, Rocket Surgery, Property Devaluation, Terminally Confused, Team Sputnik, The Syndicate, Pit Crew Revenge, Spank, Hella Shitty, Sir Jackie Stewart's Coin Purse, Nine Finger Drifters, Salty Thunder, Panting Polar Bear.
55 races and counting.

Not at all but I have a team in pearland courting me now so let me see how that pans out before committing. What kind of vehicle are you guys planning on running?

We already have 4 Houston-area cars (944, Neon, 240Z, BMW 325e) and one in S. TX (240sx, way south, Rio Grande Valley).
May be resurrecting a 2nd-gen Jetta we haven't raced since 2011ish, or building out a 2000-or-so Jetta or Civic depending upon team interest for the fall race.

ONSET/Tetanus Racing, est. 2008.
Guest drives with NSF, Rocket Surgery, Property Devaluation, Terminally Confused, Team Sputnik, The Syndicate, Pit Crew Revenge, Spank, Hella Shitty, Sir Jackie Stewart's Coin Purse, Nine Finger Drifters, Salty Thunder, Panting Polar Bear.
55 races and counting.