Topic: Class C Loophole Suggestion

Suggestion for the Lemons Supreme Court:

All Buick badged and engined vehicles are placed in Class C.
Pros:
-Any Buick cheap enough for Lemons will have mechanical issues or body damage, so they won't be low mile "grandma specials"
-Most Buicks were veeeeery floaty on their suspension. Everyone knows that boat=fun when it comes to Lemons
-LeMons gets more Buick action. We have seen a lot of Asian, Mopar, FoMoCo, and Chevy/Pontiac/Olds/Cadillac on the track, but not much Buick. We need more Buick, and like the Korean Luxury Loophole, it would bring more Buick onto the track.

Cons:
-None
-Nada
-Zip

How about taking this into consideration?

Racing cars is for rookies. Racing crapcans takes balls.

Re: Class C Loophole Suggestion

Most Buicks do end up in class C.  Most Buick-engined cars do end up in class C.  Are you thinking of examples that did not (I am sure they exist, just can't place one)?

OnkelUdo wrote:

Most Buicks do end up in class C.  Most Buick-engined cars do end up in class C.  Are you thinking of examples that did not (I am sure they exist, just can't place one)?

I am partially (can't remember off the top of my head, either), but more inclined towards guaranteeing their presence there. As well as increasing their participation on the track.

Racing cars is for rookies. Racing crapcans takes balls.

The Century I had was C when the previous owners raced it, when I raced it, and when the current owners have raced it.

Things are already okay.

#98 Oldsmobile Ninety-Eight - Class A car in the hands of a Class D team - MSR Houston IOE!

This is blatantly biased towards the Buicks and I won't have it.

Now, if you had proposed this for fine Type 4-engined products...

I suspect somebody is trying to sweep Class C in a Grand National.

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

A G-Body Regal is probably Class B, depending on the engine option and how much you've cheated up the suspension.

Just about everything else will be in C.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

C-Class? 

https://www.mecum.com/lots/CA0813-16154 … -race-car/

http://www.motorsportretro.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/1985-March-85G-Buick-GTP-1.jpg

#33 Ford Festiva - We Are Not Really From Iran (Retired)
#928 Porsche 928 - West German Pushrodders (Retired)
#3 BMW E36 - The Internet says this is correct

therood wrote:

A G-Body Regal is probably Class B, depending on the engine option and how much you've cheated up the suspension.

Just about everything else will be in C.

don't really need to cheat on the suspension. Moog makes "stock" springs in a wide variety of rates.  The most crappy thing is none came with a stick. So you'd get hot with that cost. Not sure they came with a 350 either.

"get up and get your grandma outta here"