Topic: Another seat question

I'm seeing other posts on seat width, but I need help with both width and height.  I'm 6'4" and all torso.  The seat i have right now is non compliant with the seat back requirements and I need a seat with a back at least 36.5".  Our interior is very tight, so I don't think a containment seat is realistic.  The Pyrotect Ultra has a back dimension of 37.4" but that is bottom of seat to top.  Does anyone have this seat that could tell me what the dimension is from the top side of the seat? I currently have a 16" width seat.  Is the Pyrotect fit narrow?

Any other recommendations for a tall back, non full containment seat?  My local race shop doesn't carry anything that works and I am nervous ordering one without siting in it first.

1975 Chevy LUV.  1 Corinthians 13:7
1999 Chevy Blazer

Re: Another seat question

Our 928 had a crazy tight interior, but I refused to race without a containment seat so we made it work. Some floor modification was required, but I found a very thin profile containment seat that allowed me to make it happen.

http://www.ogracing.com/sparco-pro-adv- … 6438569728

#33 Ford Festiva - We Are Not Really From Iran (Retired)
#928 Porsche 928 - West German Pushrodders (Retired)
#3 BMW E36 - The Internet says this is correct

Re: Another seat question

So, from another all-torso 6'5" guy, most of the fiberglass containment seats didn't fit me. The containment wings rest on my shoulders. There is an adjustable Sparco that works. We ended up with a Kirkey  45 Series aluminum contaiment seat. It works reasonably well. It's tight for me to get into and out of gracefully, but once in it's a good fit. The halo height is adjustable, too.

Capt. Delinquent Racing
RUST-TITE XR4Ti - '21 ARSE-FREEZE-APALOOZA  I Got Screwed
The One & Only Taurus V8 SHO #31(now moved on to another OG Delinquent)
'17 Vodden the Hell - (No) Hope for the Future Award, '08 AMP Survivor, '08 ARSE-FREEZE-APALOOZA Mega-Cheater