Topic: Seat belt bar question

Hello, We need to replace our seat belt bar after installing a new seat.Now we have two issues.  First, when the seat is fully rearward the clearance between the back of the seat and the seat belt bar is narrower than the 3 bar clip on the belts (the clip is partially pushed thru the hole in the seat back) . Second, our tallest drivers need to have the seat go back a bit farther, so we need it moved back about 4"-5".
My question is does seat belt bar tubing size have to match the rest of the cage? Our cage is 1.5" DOM tubing and the guy welding the cage doesn't have 1.5" dies right now. He does have 1.25" and 1.75" dies.
Does it matter if the seat belt bar tube is 1.75" and the rest of the cage is 1.5'?
Getting the car to a welder is a problem for us and this guy will actually pick up the car and deliver it when done so I would love to have him do it.

Rudy

Re: Seat belt bar question

As you've noticed the rule book is a bit vague on this point.  You will need to contact the 24 Hours of Lemons Worldwide Headquarters for clarification.

Some organizations make the seatbelt bar optional, so in THOSE cases I suppose you can choose your size and shape.

Regardless, the takeaway is, contact Nick Pon or John Pagel.  They will clarify.

Kudos for sweatin' the details!

Tom

Maximum Leader, Ruler for Life,
Dirty Rotten Cheating Bastards Racing

Using a tube larger in diameter should be no problem.
I would not go smaller.

Except for landing it elegantly.

update:
I found a guy at work who is willing to lend me his 1.5" tube dies next week. This will allow us to keep the same size as the rest of the cage.
Problem solved!

Rudy G