Topic: NOLA 2018

Hey there fellow Lemonites. 

Our team was discussing the NOLA race and what else we could do to make it an awesome week.  We enjoyed our last trip to NOLA so much that we thought we could maybe add a few days to the race weekend and imbibe in the Big Easy for a day or two.  Biggest problem is leaving all of that baggage called your "car and trailer" somewhere safe. 

I am in conversation with Dana at the NOLA Motorsports Park concerning storage of vehicles (race rigs, etc.) before and after the race to possibly allow you to extend your stay.  If there is interest I will get back with her with a rough quantity so she can shoot us a price per night.  She said they have 24 hour security there and would be willing to work with us.

Here are some ideas we had:

Thursday April 5    - Lemons Golf Outing across the street from the track at TPC golf course (Note:  I am slightly better at golf than I am at cricket or polo of which I have never played.  But golf is fun anyway...)

Monday April 9 - Maybe a get together in NOLA somewhere for a bunch of Lemons folks  (or Sunday pm?)

Dana at the track also mentioned that she has a connection to offer swamp and airboat tours if you folks are interested. Whoo hoo!

As with all other races we end up being completely wiped by Sunday evening and do not look forward to a long drive.  We end up burning a day a vacation to be safe.

Talk it up.Let me know what you think.

Bill
Chairman Entertainment Committee - Wine O Racing, Pussy Wagon Racing, E-Wreck-Tile Dysfunction Racing
Co-Builder of the world's winningest Toyota Solara SVE

Re: NOLA 2018

Bob already commented on your FB post, but we're in. Not for golf, but definitely for a couple days of NOLA after the race.

Golf is to dangerous!

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

Swamp tours?!

YES.

It'd be up to work whether I can swing the extra time, but swamp tours?!?!!! YES.

Airboat swamp tours are big fun. Dr. Wife & I did one on an earlier trip to NOLA.
Unfortunately I don't think we have the vacation days to spare to extend our stay this year.

ONSET/Tetanus Racing, est. 2008.
Guest drives: NSF, Rocket Surgery, Property Devaluation, Terminally Confused, Team Sputnik, The Syndicate, Pit Crew Revenge, Spank, Hella Shitty, Sir Jackie Stewart's Coin Purse, Nine Finger Drifters, Salty Thunder, Panting Polar Bear, Vistabeam, Hangar 13, and Escape Velocity.
74 races so far.

Any official details from HQ about this race? The event page is all TBAs, and the track didn't answer the phone this afternoon. I'm curious about schedule, full or reduced course, test session, covered paddocks, etc.

I count 50 cars currently registered, FYI.

Please accept my day-late entry.
Please accept my day-late entry.
Please accept...

(had to run it by work first, but the parsh wants in)

SpaceFrank wrote:

Any official details from HQ about this race? The event page is all TBAs, and the track didn't answer the phone this afternoon. I'm curious about schedule, full or reduced course, test session, covered paddocks, etc.

You tried getting business information from a place in New Orleans during the last week leading into Mardi Gras?

Good one, Frank.

Pat Mulry, TARP Racing #67

Mandatory disclaimer: all opinions expressed are mine alone & not those of 24HOL, its mgmt, sponsors, etc.

9 (edited by CPB 2018-02-14 07:07 AM)

SpaceFrank wrote:

I sent an email as they instruct on the webpage to find out about the RV spots. Never camped on track, but would love to rent an RV to do it. Still no response from them.

From the Lemons event page:

"Track Configuration: 2.75 Mile 16 turn full track."

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

Full course. Sweet.

I got in touch with a guy from the track last week. He said they don't have covered paddocks, but they do have garages. 500 sq. ft., $100/day or $300/weekend. Too rich for my blood; we're packing the EZ-ups.

12 (edited by SpaceFrank 2018-03-05 08:07 PM)

Who else is coming to this race? I now count 54 car numbers taken from the list.

In the latest in a series of increasingly poor decisions, a coalition/confederation/conspiracy of "powerhouse" (read: terrible) teams from Texas have decided to join together and host a no-shit, fancy-dress cocktail party in the paddock on Saturday night. Partly because we want to impress the track so they'll invite us back again, but mostly because we think it'll be funny. And also because Pat Mulry lost a bet or something.

So anyway, remember to pack your tuxedos and/or cocktail dresses, and dust off those earrings/cufflinks/martini shakers. This is not a joke. Well it is a joke, but it's happening anyway.

13 (edited by CPB 2018-02-28 07:27 AM)

I really wish the track would answer phone or emails. We are registered and paid, but unable to get in contact with them to reserve an RV slot.

Email them from their web site. That is how I reserved my spot.

Where is the list of teams registered???

I've still got a spots open on the greatest parsh of all time if anyone is looking for a drive: https://forums.24hoursoflemons.com/view … 57#p318957

Let me know!

17 (edited by ninjacoco 2018-03-04 08:42 PM)

Parsh done full'd up!

SpaceFrank wrote:

Who else is coming to this race? I now count 54 car numbers taken from the list.

In the latest in a series of increasingly poor decisions, a coalition/confederation/conspiracy of "powerhouse" (read: terrible) teams from Texas have decided to join together and host a no-shit, fancy-dress cocktail party in the paddock on Friday night. Partly because we want to impress the track so they'll invite us back again, but mostly because we think it'll be funny. And also because Pat Mulry lost a bet or something.

So anyway, remember to pack your tuxedos and/or cocktail dresses, and dust off those earrings/cufflinks/martini shakers. This is not a joke. Well it is a joke, but it's happening anyway.

NOW'S THE TIME ON SPROCKETS WHEN WE DANCE.

Updated my last post. After much consideration, arguing, and wailing about, we've decided to move the cocktail party to Saturday night. Our apologies if this makes it more difficult to get your hurr did.

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/65557477/got-my-hurr-did-and-im-ret-ta-go.jpg

Team Old Dudes will be there with the 1965 El Raunchero.

Any more info on parking our rigs at the track early for safe keeping?  Say maybe Wednesday night early?

NOLA Practice:

Attached is a link to the Test & Tune NOLA will be running on Friday April 6th. This format should work for you and the other teams competing in the Lemons event that weekend.

msreg.com/nolatntapril2018

In a nutshell, the track will be hot from 9am-12pm and again from 1pm-4pm. Each will be an open session (no run groups) which will allow your drivers to come on and off the track as often as necessary during those times.

Entry will be $250.00 per CAR, thus allowing as many drivers assigned to the car to get the practice they need. Each driver MUST check in at registration to sign our waiver to receive the wristband we will use that day to get on track - NO car will be allowed on track if the driver is not wearing the correct wristband. This wristband will be different than the one used if they enter the park prior to coming to T&T registration.

Check-in/registration will open Thursday April 5th at 3pm-6pm and again at 7am-1pm on Friday April 6th.

Once the team turns in the tech sheet (found on the registration page but attached here as well), they will receive a sticker to place on the car in an obvious spot so the grid marshall can easily see it.

The other pertinent rules are attached as a PDF here and are on the registration webpage.

Please feel free to share the link with anyone else you know will be attending.

Troy

#35 LRE
1973 Datsun 240Z

Any update on parking Wednesday and Thursday?  Possibly Sunday night?

The wives are coming and want to stay downtown which is stressing our parking needs for the trailer...

Folks,

Just got off the phone with Scott at NOLA

Here’s the poop:

Garages:

He has some garages available form single stall to double and even a quad stall.  The garages are in the area by the skid pad.  You’ll need to park your rig down in the Paddock as the skid pad has an activity Saturday.

A single stall is 20’ x 25’. Price is $100 night.  Larger stall are just multiple price of a single.  If you want to go for the quad stall the owner will be more than happy to push his Ferrari out of the way…

Paddock:

Paddock does have RV hookups on track side (NW) and field side(SE) fence lines.  Field side has 50 amp and water.  Track side has 50 amp, water, and 110v outlets.  Price for those is $40 night

Poo:

There is a dump station on the facility that can be utilized.

Friday:
There will be an open track day to check out your heap.  NOLA will be managing that day’s activity.

Early arrivers and late departers:
If you want to leave your rig trackside NOLA has secured parking that will be available before and after the race in case you want to spend a bit of time across the river.  I don’t have a cost per night on that though.

BEST WAY TO CONTACT NOLA TO RESERVE SPACES, ETC. SEND AN EMAIL TO:

info@nolamotor.com

See you there!

Bill
Chairman Entertainment Committee - Wine O Racing, Pussy Wagon Racing, E-Wreck-Tile Dysfunction Racing
Co-Builder of the world's winningest Toyota Solara SVE

Extreme poo: we're having a tough time finding a place to stay.

There's two of us, and the only semi-reasonablish hotels with two beds (sorry Thomas) seem to be an hour away, oof.

Does anyone have spare space somewhere? Rooms to split? RV/tent space? Etc.?

ninjacoco wrote:

Extreme poo: we're having a tough time finding a place to stay.

There's two of us, and the only semi-reasonablish hotels with two beds (sorry Thomas) seem to be an hour away, oof.

Does anyone have spare space somewhere? Rooms to split? RV/tent space? Etc.?

We did an RV spot on track, then rented an RV from RV share. Ours it totally full, but it was really inexpensive.

Does anyone know if the track will be open for Thursday drop off??