Topic: Sears Pointless, Who are we losing with?

Sears is sold out as always and with Hooptie Con there will be lots of other festivities. So, Who's going to be there, who are we racing with and losing to this time around?

Tired Iron Racing, Class A Winner of 2023 Days of Thunder & the Hooptie-Con Engine heat Cooking Competition, otherwise just a 50x loser, which is somehow able to finish in the top ten, if we don't step on our own dicks.

2 (edited by m610 2018-03-14 09:03 PM)

Re: Sears Pointless, Who are we losing with?

Team Tinyvette is out for this one. We're still repairing the car, plus I have a big event in April I need the car in good shape for. Our next race will be Vodden.

I will be at Pointless, hanging out with friends.

Alright, i'll chime in. We'll be there with both cars. Smoker and the Bandit loaded up with plenty of meaty treats. And the return of Porsche Honkey (PorsChevy Stepside?) now with even more moving parts to break.

The Poorolator has oil pressure again and we hope to ruin something other than engine bearings for a change.

http://i68.tinypic.com/293hsfb.jpg

5 (edited by chdonley2 2018-02-18 10:19 PM)

Team R. Loewy Racing will bring the Avanti out for the Show and Shine scheduled for this event. Rumor has it those entries will get a few hot laps on Sat. evening.Which is the only way this car will be on this track until I really don't give a shit about it anymore. We are bringing a Subaru for the racing portion of the weekend. If that E.G. person in Davis can get a cage built in time, and I can co-ordinate the rest of the work required.
Team Thunderchicken Extra Crispy Racing is under new ownership. They're bringing the '92 SC if they can get he head gasket gremlins eliminated.

M45 Racing,
#45 '08 Subaru WRX,
#4  '63 Studebaker Avanti, IOE, The Ridge 2016
#19 '90 Thunderbird Super Coupe(retired) Organizers Choice Award, Sears 2015

We're bringing the Lancia Scorpion again, hopefully without the overheating issues this time.

Captain of AFART Racing - 1987 and 1988 Toyota Supras
Captain of McDads/AFART Racing -1977 Lancia Scorpion (IOE Winner Sears Pointless 2021... wait, really?? YES, REALLY!!).
Captain of 42 Hours of MeLons (2013-14) - Vattenmelon Vagn 1984 Volvo 240, B-Class Winner: Arse-Freeze 2014

Scuderia Limoni is back!  We'll be there with our faithful Milano, beginning it's (not our) farewell tour.

bs

Do we have any idea how big the field will be?  I feel like I've seen that posted for past races, but I might be imagining it.

It says full up. I'm guessing in the 180 range. 120 by lap 2.

I suspect parking is going to be interesting if there are a bunch of hoopticon "show" cars in parallel to the normal race chaos.

Myopic Motorsports Tbird will be back. We're the other tbird team with the more incomprehensible themes.

-g

Myopic Motorsport's #888 Ceci n'est pas une Citron Thunderbird ("This is not a lemon" but a 1995 tbird w/ 93 V8 swap + shopping cart rear wing + engine mounted frito maker)
2017 Sears Pointless Organizer’s Choice
Frito Making Tbird from 2018 Sears Pointless Engine Heat BBQ - http://goo.gl/csaet4

I'm running with the #58 Ugly Brown Camero.

'13  Sonoma - Class B Crown Vic, 14 Sonoma IOE - Race Rambler!, Autobahn Class C+IOE #Racevan!, '15 Thill IOE Winner - Omega!, '16 Ridge - IOE - Avanti!, '17 THill Class C Winner - Omega, Butt IOE - Race 411, Sonoma IOE - Aztek '18 Butt - IOE - Allante, MSR - IOE - '41 Olds - '19 Butt-Class C - Allante, '20 Covid, '21 THill-Class B - Omega, Sonoma - IOE and HWG  - Satellite, '22 Sonoma - HWG-Tojan