Topic: My wife has given up!

After 9 years of Lemons racing, I have finally been allowed to put my trophies over the fireplace in the living room with the stuff that the family is proud of. I had to clearcoat them first so they don't rust and they look smooth and shiny. The Judges Choice is not allowed up there, as it is a very filthy old broken piston welded to a filthy rusty spreader plate with sharp edges. I don't want to clean it, as it just wouldn't be the same if it was safe to touch without cutting yourself or getting ancient engine sludge on you, so it will remain on the small table next to my side of the bed:

http://www.carolinahondas.com/members/roger-albums-pj-picture6737-trophies.jpg

I told her she should suit up with us get a trophy for herself, but she declined.

Everybody grab your brooms, it's shenanigans!

Re: My wife has given up!

Congratulations! With mine I'm allowing rust to take its course but I did cover the base in yellow and green felt:

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4772/39005511590_6bb7de3487_z.jpg

Also I should probably wash my truck.

1982 MG Metro 1300: IOE 2015 Pacific Northworst GP, Longest Distance 2010 Cd'L Box Wine Country Classic
1980 KV Mini 1: Worst of Show and Fright Pig Supremo 2009 Concours d'Lemons
1978 H Special: Second-Round Elimination 2010 Lemons Pinewood Derby at Sears Pointless
1967 SAAB 96: IOE 2012 Pacific Northworst GP, Organizer's Choice 2022 Hell on Wheels California Rally

Given up, or given in?

Tunachuckers: 15 Years of Effluency
'08 - '10: 1966 Volvo 122, "Charlie"
'10 - '18: 1975 Ford LTD Landau --> 2018 - current: Converted into 1950 "Plymford"
'22 - current: 1967 Volvo 122, "Charlie ]["

I think that she was hoping that this would pass, but after 16 years of race car stuff and still going strong into my fifties, this is apparently more than a mid-life crisis.

My wife hasn't "given up" as much as she has "retreated to a better defensive position".

'18 PNW-Organizer's Choice '17 PNW-IOE '15 PNW-Judge's Choice '14 PNW-Heroic Fix
Jagvair 2.0 Build   Jagvair YouTube  Jagvair Facebook

Just have your wife as a driver, then she'll be as proud of them as you are.

I think this is why I the single guy on the team has gotten to keep the trophies.  Although I would totally allow them to place them on their mantles but I;m sure the wives would not be happy.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

We take turns with who gets trophies, although Ricky was nice enough to let me have the second IOE, even though it was his turn.

Love the yellow and green felt idea!

CPB wrote:

Just have your wife as a driver, then she'll be as proud of them as you are.

Now she just yells at me that the car is not finished yet.

'18 PNW-Organizer's Choice '17 PNW-IOE '15 PNW-Judge's Choice '14 PNW-Heroic Fix
Jagvair 2.0 Build   Jagvair YouTube  Jagvair Facebook