Topic: HOOPTIE-CON: any details on where exactly this is? and MOTELS?

hey, i signed up long ago, i was hoping you might tell us where exactly it is we'll be going? the main page says "Sonoma Raceway" -- i'm sure i can find that even without a map, but is there some particular place to be? will it be obvious when i get there?

for those of us that don't live anywhere near sonoma, any suggestion where to look for a motel? what's close? what's a really bad idea?

Re: HOOPTIE-CON: any details on where exactly this is? and MOTELS?

Unconfirmed rumor has it that the various Hooptie-Con related stuff will occur in the parking lot(s?) on the hill that overlooks the track, which are all part of the track complex and are reached via the main entrance to the facility. I assume it'll be obvious-ish by the time people start arriving.

No idea about motels.

1982 MG Metro 1300: IOE 2015 Pacific Northworst GP, Longest Distance 2010 Cd'L Box Wine Country Classic
1980 KV Mini 1: Worst of Show and Fright Pig Supremo 2009 Concours d'Lemons
1978 H Special: Second-Round Elimination 2010 Lemons Pinewood Derby at Sears Pointless
1967 SAAB 96: IOE 2012 Pacific Northworst GP, Organizer's Choice 2022 Hell on Wheels California Rally

Hotels in Santa Rosa and Novato are ~15 minutes away. I think some people stay in Vallejo or Petaluma, also?

The shows will all be in the upper paddock; we'll have signs and people directing where to go once you get there.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

Quite a few motels in Vallejo about 20 min drive (Unless Hwy 37 fail).

Capt. Delinquent Racing
RUST-TITE XR4Ti - '21 ARSE-FREEZE-APALOOZA  I Got Screwed
The One & Only Taurus V8 SHO #31(now moved on to another OG Delinquent)
'17 Vodden the Hell - (No) Hope for the Future Award, '08 AMP Survivor, '08 ARSE-FREEZE-APALOOZA Mega-Cheater

Track is on CA-121 just north of CA-37.  Basically midway between Novato and Vallejo.  We've also stayed in American Canyon in the past.

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)

thanks everyone, OK that helps. i'll poke around the edges of petaluma etc.

oh damn i hope it doesnt rain. too badly. i gotta long drive, and its looking bad. i dont got no roof at all!