1 (edited by THE_RABBOT 2018-03-27 03:24 PM)

Topic: looking to join team (aston pa or somewhere somewhat close to that)

I'm looking to be involved in a Lemons team. I'm not super picky about teams beyond I want to be involved with a team that has done this a time or two and isn't totally new to it.

A bit about me:

I build battlebots, yes I have been on the tv show, no I didn't win.
-This means I have had to do crazy rebuilds of mechanical things that were mangled beyond belief in short peroids of time. Also means I can design and build things.

I own a 1989 ford van...truck... thing which would make a fantastic tow vehicle/shit hauler.
-This and the state of disrepair that my other van is in means I am probably better than average at hacked together bandaid repairs
https://i.imgur.com/rF5C5Zg.jpg

I work as a machinist/welder/prototype engineer so I can probably at least fabricoble some things you might need... or make a pretty solidworks drawing for your roll cage! Also I own a mill, lathe, and welder so I can make pieces of metal into smaller ones.

tldr

I like building stuff and turning wrenches. Somebody love me please!

Re: looking to join team (aston pa or somewhere somewhat close to that)

We are looking for a teammate.

A couple questions :

Do you have any on track experience ?

Do you understand the endurance part of endurance racing ( can you drive cleanly at a reasonable pace while conserving the car for your teammates )?

We run a V-8 powered fox body.  Our main goals are to have fun and finish the race    The car may be good enough to actually win class b in the near future.

Silent But Deadly Racing- Chief cook and bottle washer, Former Flyin Turd Race Team Captain 
Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird Turbo Coupe, Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie
Besmirching race tracks in the Eastern US since 2001

3 (edited by THE_RABBOT 2018-03-27 06:38 PM)

Re: looking to join team (aston pa or somewhere somewhat close to that)

Sir Thomas Crapper wrote:

We are looking for a teammate.

A couple questions :

Do you have any on track experience ?

I've driven gokarts before. does that count?

(real talk) I don't have any real on track racing experience and do not have a need to be a driver but if you're offering a driver position and my lack of experience somehow meets the criteria I'm not going to turn that offer down

Sir Thomas Crapper wrote:

Do you understand the endurance part of endurance racing ( can you drive cleanly at a reasonable pace while conserving the car for your teammates )?

yes I completely understand survive and not make it die over outright pushing it to redline and driving it too hard.

email or dm me some contact info through the forum if you're serious about maybe wanting me around so we can at least talk about it.