Topic: WITNESS ME Sonoma PorscheTruck edition

Put a Chevy truck jimmy cap on your Porsche and force it in there!
Bonus BMW automatic accident response hazard lights actuation.
https://youtu.be/JjGyPdsqWBY?t=43s

Re: WITNESS ME Sonoma PorscheTruck edition

Reminds me of https://youtu.be/YKXz1n4n2tk

Apocalyptic Racing - Occupy Pit Lane racing
Racing the "Toylet" Toyota Celica powered by Chevrolet Ecotec.
24x Loser with the Celica. 16x loser in other fine machines
Overall winner Gingerman 2019

That's an exciting spot to go 5 wide.

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)

This Lemons thing doesn't look very sensible.

25X Loser - Delinquent Racing - '86 Rust-Tite Merkur - 9 years (when do I get to stop?).

Porsche needs to take notice, that was the best looking Porsche out there. Lemon on Sunday, buy on Monday

Hi. Super douchie Porsche-truck driver here. 250% my fault and I've been waiting to see this video to try and figure out what the F I was thinking. No doubt just plain old over aggressive driving and I offer my public apology to all. I did speak with the 371 team at the track and they were understandably not warm and fuzzy. For the record, I did not intend to make contact, bad judgement on my part. Also talked with the Blue Unicorn team and we had a laugh over it. I still owe you an autograph on the piece of chrome trim I left wedged in your car. All three cars were able to take the checkers on Sunday and I am very glad for that. It's funny how a video can make you feel like more of a dick than you thought you were being in the moment. I'm sorry and I will do better.
-Brad

I'd say that I'd give a +100 to the #805 VW Rabbit - look at the BMW twitch over towards them just before they were being passed on the left.  If they hadn't noticed the passer on the left, and had accidentally closed the door there. . . that was some cool-as-ice driving for the five-wide drivers until #6 came in like an errant cruise missile!

Bandit13 wrote:

Hi. Super douchie Porsche-truck driver here. 250% my fault and I've been waiting to see this video to try and figure out what the F I was thinking. No doubt just plain old over aggressive driving and I offer my public apology to all. I did speak with the 371 team at the track and they were understandably not warm and fuzzy. For the record, I did not intend to make contact, bad judgement on my part. Also talked with the Blue Unicorn team and we had a laugh over it. I still owe you an autograph on the piece of chrome trim I left wedged in your car. All three cars were able to take the checkers on Sunday and I am very glad for that. It's funny how a video can make you feel like more of a dick than you thought you were being in the moment. I'm sorry and I will do better.
-Brad

WTF. You're supposed to blame _everybody_ else using the utmost invective and accept _zero_ responsibility yourself -- all while mentioning how things are much better in (SCCA, NASA, Champ, Menudo).

The neck-down into T7 practically baits drivers into making these types of mistakes. Good on you for owning up to your bad move.
I love that Porschevy, btw.

Bandit13 wrote:

Hi. Super douchie Porsche-truck driver here. 250% my fault and I've been waiting to see this video to try and figure out what the F I was thinking. No doubt just plain old over aggressive driving and I offer my public apology to all.

To me it looks like you were trying to follow a fast F-body through gaps slower traffic, but the gaps closed up after him. Something similar happened right behind us at a chump race a few years ago (with much much less traffic). But I do see it all the time, and I follow faster cars a lot, the key is to know when you shouldn't try.

https://youtu.be/gZJr-Se9fOs?t=82

Takata R&D :: 1993 Accord - team captain - rear drum brakes lol
GoPro 360 Heros :: BMW E28  - co-captain

aventari wrote:
Bandit13 wrote:

Hi. Super douchie Porsche-truck driver here. 250% my fault and I've been waiting to see this video to try and figure out what the F I was thinking. No doubt just plain old over aggressive driving and I offer my public apology to all.

To me it looks like you were trying to follow a fast F-body through gaps slower traffic, but the gaps closed up after him. Something similar happened right behind us at a chump race a few years ago (with much much less traffic). But I do see it all the time, and I follow faster cars a lot, the key is to know when you shouldn't try.

https://youtu.be/gZJr-Se9fOs?t=82

You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. That F-body is not that fast. Definitely no match for a German engineered race car. No Camaro will ever be faster than a Porsche on a road course. Probably some wanna be dirt tracker driving it.

*Camero

Takata R&D :: 1993 Accord - team captain - rear drum brakes lol
GoPro 360 Heros :: BMW E28  - co-captain

aventari wrote:

*Camero

Thank you.....

45+x Loser.....You'd think I would learn......
5x I.O.E  Winner   1 Heroic Fix Winner   1 Org Choice Winner
2x  I Got Screwed Winner    2x Class C Winner
(Still a Class B driver in a Class A car)