Topic: What car would you love to see raced in Lemons?

As the title says.

Partially as a Pole, and partially because of the car's history, I nominate the FSO Polonez Truck Plus (once their import to the US gets legal in 2023).

https://st-lento.pl/adpics/original/10_2017/26/ac3e12_polonez-truck-plus-zdjecia.jpg

And the car's history:
The platform started out in 1961 in Italy as the Fiat 1300/1500, a midsize sedan.
Then, in 1967, Polish FSO started making the Fiat 125p, a merger of the 125's bodywork and the 1300/1500 chassis.
Later, in 1978, the Polonez, a Giugiaro-styled 5-door upscale liftback ended up on the same platform, with the same mechanicals.
Then, in 1981, they built a 3-door one with longer doors.
And in 1983, they facelifted the Polonez, and in 1987, they did another facelift.
In 1988, the Coupe's front half, including doors, was used to build a coupe utility, the Truck, with a kinda-shoddy-looking bed. It also had the bored-out version of the Fiat's 1500, now a 1.6.
In 1991, the Truck was updated with a newer front end, and an optional Peugeot 1.9 diesel. Two years later, it got an optional Rover 1.4 engine.
And in 1998, it got a new front end again.

So, the team with a Polonez would have a 1960s bodywork, fitted with a multi-facelifted 1970s front end of a 1980s coupe made into a truck, fitted with either a Polish evolution of a 60s Italian engine, or a Rover engine, or a Peugeot diesel.

And what would you love to see?

Re: What car would you love to see raced in Lemons?

My understanding of the import regulations is non-road, exhibition, import is exempt from most of the shenanigans/taxes etc.

So you could bring one of those over tomorrow as a racecar as long as it looks the business and leaves on schedule. People do it regular under other sanctioning bodies...

That guy

DirtyDuc wrote:

So you could bring one of those over tomorrow as a racecar as long as it looks the business and leaves on schedule.

The "looks the business" part is key. The more race prep that can be done before applying for permission to bring it here, the better, especially anything that would show up in photos as making it obviously no longer for street use:

https://one.nhtsa.gov/cars/rules/import … acing.html

1982 MG Metro 1300: IOE 2015 Pacific Northworst GP, Longest Distance 2010 Cd'L Box Wine Country Classic
1980 KV Mini 1: Worst of Show and Fright Pig Supremo 2009 Concours d'Lemons
1978 H Special: Second-Round Elimination 2010 Lemons Pinewood Derby at Sears Pointless
1967 SAAB 96: IOE 2012 Pacific Northworst GP, Organizer's Choice 2022 Hell on Wheels California Rally

So basically Build your Lemons car, and when it's ready come over here with it and race!

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

I've been looking for a Dacia 1300, or even a Renault 12 that I could badge engineer into a Dacia 1300.

I'd also love to get a 1st-gen Daewoo Matiz, but it'll probably be another five years before I can get my hands on one of those.

Everybody grab your brooms, it's shenanigans!

The car I would love to see being raced at Lemons is the one on jack stands in my driveway. My wife and neighbors agree...

Sorry For Party Racing, Ran When Parked Racing. #3 eLSS Camino, #21 TWAP Solstice.
WAP Pontiac Solstice (RIP)2007-2023