Topic: Gingerman tire and brake usage on a V8 Fox Body

Are 6 tires and 2 sets of brakes going to be enough for The Cure for Gingervitus on a sub 3000lb V8 Fox Body?

Tires are BFG Rival S 1.5 and brakes are Hawk Blues.

Re: Gingerman tire and brake usage on a V8 Fox Body

With the midwests luck of weather the last couple years, I am sure it will rain or snow in July.  Either way I'd say that should be fine for tires.  Gingerman is harder on the driver side than the pass side. I'd say 2 sets of brakes should be good.  Sunday is short so if you make it thru Saturday on a set you will defiantly make it thru Sunday if they need to be changed.

Wisconsin Crap Racers #113 E36
I.O.E. Winners 2023 Gingerman
2016 and 2017 Cure for Gingivitis Champs!
30+ time Losers!

3 (edited by Guildenstern 2018-04-29 12:30 AM)

Those should be fine. Expect to swap the left front even if you get more negative camber in. You’ll get more out of your brakes if you get good ventilation to them. There are a lot of spots on the track to cool brakes down as long as air can get at them. The way fox bodies pull air dam air for the radiator they can leave the fronts in a not ideal spot for airflow.

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

Oh and watch where you swap the left front. In stock form the Fox rearend tends to bind and lighten the inside rear, so a half chewed outer shoulder can get gnarled with wheel spin once it’s on the road to chunks ville

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport