Re: getting an e46 out of class A

Uhh that's a bit of a drive for a $200 goldwing.

Owner/Captain of The 27 Club E46. Phoenix, AZ
and now the #95 Thunderbird

Ok so building another e46 is dumb. That's why today I got a x type 2.5 with auto and AWD. Car has been abandoned at my shop so it's free to me. The lady actually owes us money on it. How do I value the car? And please tell me it will make it in to C I mean. Jeg.

Sexy jesus wrote:

Ok so building another e46 is dumb. That's why today I got a x type 2.5 with auto and AWD. Car has been abandoned at my shop so it's free to me. The lady actually owes us money on it. How do I value the car? And please tell me it will make it in to C I mean. Jeg.

Doesn't matter with that car.  Value it by ton of scrap is my suggestion.

I believe the only X-type that is in B got bumped up to B after it won C.  I have one if you need any advice.  The auto trans seems to be a weak point in these.  First thing I would do is change/add oil to the transfer case.  It's one of those "non-serviceable" items but there does exist a procedure for adding oil.  They were a common failure point because they leaked.  The DIY junkyards are littered with x-types.  I literally get an email every day from LKQ announcing an X-type has arrived in a local yard.  I wouldn't sweat the value too much, I paid an honest $1 for mine.
Email Judge Phil telling him you are a new team with an x-type and he'll sort you out.

1990 RX7 "Mazdarita"  1964 Sunbeam Imp (IOE 2013 Sears Pointless) 2002 Jaguar x-type (Winner C-Class 2021 Sears Pointless)
Gone bye-bye
1994 Jaguar XJ12 (Winner C-Class 2013 Sears Pointless)  1980 Rover SD1 (I Got Screwed 2014 Return of Lemonites)

Sweet thanks guys!