Topic: New team looking for at least 1 driver for Gingerman June30

Risky Business is a team of guys out of Louisville-Cinci area made up of a couple noobs and a long-ago veteran member of the fabled "Dragon Car" that was crushed.  We are in need of another driver and would entertain possibly having two drivers.  We have an e46 BMW that may be fast although we will probably get a bunch of laps even though the car is inching very close to the $500 mark every week.  Call or preferably text Travis at 937-750-3294 if you are interested.

Re: New team looking for at least 1 driver for Gingerman June30

Crushed? You mean inexpertly Cash for clunkers failed to vitrify at Nelson?

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!"
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)

Re: New team looking for at least 1 driver for Gingerman June30

Guildenstern wrote:

Crushed? You mean inexpertly Cash for clunkers failed to vitrify at Nelson?

I understood like pretty much none of that.

Re: New team looking for at least 1 driver for Gingerman June30

Were you referring to the Lamest Day Porsche that got People's Cursed by default of almost nobody voting for people's curse?

Because that got the "Cash For Clunkers" engine killing gunck poured into it but because the instructions were not read prior to execution the car just didn't die.

Thisun right?
https://hips.hearstapps.com/amv-prod-cad-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/DSC_3276-626x426.jpg


Jay pictured here not reading the instructions on the bottle.
https://hips.hearstapps.com/amv-prod-cad-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/IMG_3326-626x426.jpg

Or is there another people's cursed Dragon Car I'm forgetting about?

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!"
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)

Re: New team looking for at least 1 driver for Gingerman June30

Guildenstern wrote:

Were you referring to the Lamest Day Porsche that got People's Cursed by default of almost nobody voting for people's curse?

Because that got the "Cash For Clunkers" engine killing gunck poured into it but because the instructions were not read prior to execution the car just didn't die.

Thisun right?
https://hips.hearstapps.com/amv-prod-cad-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/DSC_3276-626x426.jpg


Jay pictured here not reading the instructions on the bottle.
https://hips.hearstapps.com/amv-prod-cad-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/IMG_3326-626x426.jpg

Or is there another people's cursed Dragon Car I'm forgetting about?

I'm sure that's it, but the story was told to me secondhand from someone else, so sorry if the facts weren't 100% accurate.  #fakenews

Re: New team looking for at least 1 driver for Gingerman June30

Ahhh gotcha, Yea I was there, I think it even managed to go back on the track. beginning of the end for the People's Curse.

Maybe they smashed it at a later race? Because I'm sure all the bering were buggered.

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!"
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)

Re: New team looking for at least 1 driver for Gingerman June30

Still looking?

Used to race with the guys directly above me (Guildenstern) but they have 4 team members now so I'm out (they're about 200 miles from me so I can't really be part of the team).  I have run many races at Gingerman.  I am consistent and reliable but I'm not going to set any track records.  I raced with MBTL for 2 races and as they were new to racing I was actually the fastest guy for once.  I've run the MBTL Thunderbird twice, a TurboCoupe in Lemons at G'man and an 80's Firebird with WRL (with a carbed 350 in the rain, what an experience).  I have also done numerous races at other tracks with various cars, I used to crew for an SCCA shop on weekends and my bargain was that I got the use the rental car when it was available.  I haven't spent a great deal of time working on BMW's but I consider myself a pretty good wrench.

steve

Re: New team looking for at least 1 driver for Gingerman June30

Steve is great! Easy on the car and lots of insight to give especially for a newer team.

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!"
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)

Re: New team looking for at least 1 driver for Gingerman June30

teal95 wrote:

Still looking?

Used to race with the guys directly above me (Guildenstern) but they have 4 team members now so I'm out (they're about 200 miles from me so I can't really be part of the team).  I have run many races at Gingerman.

If they aren't interest hit me up.  Team Bad Decisions is bringing both the re-born 1947 (or is it '48) Plymouth and the Dustbuster to Gingerman but are short two drivers.  Both will be Class C but the Plymouth is a solidly fast car now...just not 100% dialed in or debugged yet since it first race was in the Joliet Monsoon.  Dustbuster is always in the running for Class C win when we are willing to pull long stints (3+ hours).

Re: New team looking for at least 1 driver for Gingerman June30

My email is my screen name at Gmail.

11 (edited by Ratdoggy 2018-05-09 07:10 AM)

Re: New team looking for at least 1 driver for Gingerman June30

teal95 wrote:

My email is my screen name at Gmail.

He's a good driver and a good guy...Been with us as an A&D twice

Gingerman Oct 2016,Gingerman April 2017
Corvette track July 2017  (engine went Kaboom)
Gingerman June 2018, Gingerman Oct 2018

Re: New team looking for at least 1 driver for Gingerman June30

Ratdoggy wrote:
teal95 wrote:

My email is my screen name at Gmail.

He's a good driver and a good guy...Been with us as an A&D twice

He is ours now so no one else can have him!  But seriously, Steve is hopefully signing up with Bad Decisions and he seems he would be an asset to about any team.