Topic: CMP Sunday Service

I wanted to see if anyone would be interested in having a short church service during the quiet hour on Sunday at CMP.  Nothing fancy, just maybe 3 or 4 songs and a short scripture reading with discussion.  I figure 40 minutes max.  I’m happy to organize, but wanted to see if there was a desire for it.  I certainly don’t want to push anything people don’t want, but I know I miss being in the fellowship on race weekends and thought others might feel the same.  Please respond if you would like to participate or think you’d attend.
David

Re: CMP Sunday Service

Hi David:

I won't be racing that weekend, but I appreciate your efforts. We had Sunday Chapel at IndyCar weekends. All sorts of people would show up. Corner workers, drivers, engineers, support staff. 100 people crammed into a meeting room.

It's worth doing if it's just you and one other person...

bb

Definitely agree. I might try and put something together for Thompson along those lines.

Since the race is coming up soon, thought I'd give this thread a bump.

Hey David, my friend and I were looking for you at quiet hour, he brought a short sermon to preach in the garage area but we didn't want to horn in on your message. He ended up doing it anyway, hope everything was ok with you since we didn't get to meet. I'd like to try and do more of these at the track if possible.

2010, 26th @ CMP, 2011, 10th & 5th at CMP, 2012? (MIA), 2013 Spring CMP, 53rd, 2013 Fall CMP 44th, 2014 Barber 14th, 2014 CMP 46th, 2015 CMP 57th, 2015 CMP 80th, 2016 CMP 16th, 3rd in B class, Winner Judges choice, and First car under 2.0 liter Alex's lemon aide stand winner. 2017 WRL, Road Atlanta 43rd, 2017 NCM 9th O/A , 1st in B class, 2018 CMP 13th O/A 3rd in Class B

Hi all,
We'll be doing another service at the Fall race in a few weeks.  Last time had some guys from the local fire department who were working the race join.  It was a good time.  Barring unforeseen problems, I'll probably do this where they do tech inspect again.  Steve, let me know if y'all want to join together for this, I'm not worried about people horning in, and the more the merrier.

Must have got our wires crossed we were over in the garage doing a service. We looked for you and the Lemons staff said you were in the garage area thats why we went there.

2010, 26th @ CMP, 2011, 10th & 5th at CMP, 2012? (MIA), 2013 Spring CMP, 53rd, 2013 Fall CMP 44th, 2014 Barber 14th, 2014 CMP 46th, 2015 CMP 57th, 2015 CMP 80th, 2016 CMP 16th, 3rd in B class, Winner Judges choice, and First car under 2.0 liter Alex's lemon aide stand winner. 2017 WRL, Road Atlanta 43rd, 2017 NCM 9th O/A , 1st in B class, 2018 CMP 13th O/A 3rd in Class B

I'll plan to be there, barring frantic repairs.