1 (edited by zer0 2018-03-26 05:56 AM)

Topic: NJMP 2018 BBQ/Smoke Out from Zero Energy Racing

Ok,

Zero Energy Racing will be doing our smoke out thing...again, maybe this year it won't be a miserable swamp. 
Directions are:  Look for the ambulance and the Del Sol with the rising sun on the hood.  And the EZ Up that looks like a circus tent, its red...

This year's highlights (and lowlights):
Friday Just swing on by in the afternoon/evening.  limited quantities but first come first served.

Ribs, delicious, super fun, ribs.
Turkey Legs, franks redhot and butter injected, then smoked for hours.

Saturday: After the Race
110lbs of pulled pork (maybe even more if I get a chance to weld in more racks on the smoker)
"Limoncello" Or whatever you want to call the lemon flavored industrial solvent I make.
Baked Beans, I have cans of Bush's and I'm not afraid to heat them up.
The rest of these are guesses.
Beer, we probably will have beer
Water...yes, more of that, and even powerade or something too!
And there may be Moscato...there is a thing there, don't worry.

Like last year, we will be collecting to donate to Alex's Lemonade Stand, last year we made $138 in donations, so thank you all.

So, COME ONE COME ALL, BRING YOUR TEAM, BRING FRIENDS, BRING WHOMEVER!

Capt. Zero Energy Racing
Somewhat quick and moderately angsty.

Re: NJMP 2018 BBQ/Smoke Out from Zero Energy Racing

You know, we could do something similar to Curtis and Craig's CMP deal, where we bring sides, desserts, etc. 

I can bring Tortellini salad.  It went over well last fall  CMP

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

3 (edited by zer0 2018-03-26 09:01 AM)

That would be awesome, anyone who wants to pitch in, I'd be thrilled, otherwise it turns into mountains of meat and beans...

In previous years people have brought some awesome dishes.  And, I'd love to keep that going.

Capt. Zero Energy Racing

This is a great tradition!  Thanks for taking the initiative, and working to raise money at the same time.

Team Glue Sticks
00 Firebird, 02 X-Type, 93 NX2000, 00 Mazda 626 (Sold)
2016 NJMP Heroic Fix, 2017 NJMP Near Heroic Fix except we can't drive, 2017 Thompson I Got Screwed, 2019 Pitt Heroic Fix

And count us in too...!
Last year was fantastic....
I'll plan on bringing some food to add to the table too.

Thanks for hosting and organizing!

MarioKart Driving School: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #28) 
Loudon, NH 2014 - Millville, NJ, Lightening 2019 (RIP)
New and improved: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #11) Pittsburgh, PA 2021 - ??
and finally won something, Class C Win: Loudon, NH 2022

AWESOME!  Itll be great to have everyone over again.

I'm glad people liked it, even though it was kind of cold and miserable.

Capt. Zero Energy Racing

the great food and company way made up for the weather!

MarioKart Driving School: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #28) 
Loudon, NH 2014 - Millville, NJ, Lightening 2019 (RIP)
New and improved: 1987 Honda Prelude Si (Opus #11) Pittsburgh, PA 2021 - ??
and finally won something, Class C Win: Loudon, NH 2022

8 (edited by Sir Thomas Crapper 2018-04-27 09:25 AM)

I'm putting this back up top.  Greg is doing pasta Saturday too.  I was hoping you guys could get together.

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

I am more than game for that, just whomever needs to lets get together and work out logistics etc.

Capt. Zero Energy Racing

Hi! I"m late to the game. is this still happening?
3PM is in, if so. We are happy to bring a bunch of sides. How about some salad and I can make a crock pot Mac and cheese.

do you need rolls? we can bring them too.

I'll make sure our team brings their own plates, utensils and drinks.

Three Pedal Mafia- The Queen
Honda Civic Wagovan, The Boat, Civic, TR, Rolls Royce, Citroen SM IOE, Mazda3, Honda Civic
Class A, Class B, Class C, Regional award, Org Choice, IOE winners
Number 1 frekin champions IOE > Overall

This is going on rain or shine as far as im concerned.  And yes, I will gladly take you up on your offer! 

Honestly the bigger we can make this, the more fun, as far as I am concerned.

Pro Crash Duh Nation is doing their pasta feed with us as well, so there will be more than just meat.

Capt. Zero Energy Racing

Pasta and meatses, a match made in heaven.

The G&T crew will do a quick lap around the garages with the cart and then station ourselves at the pasta/BBQ event to dispense cool, refreshing Gins and Tonic.

Thank you, and Props, to the Zero Energy Racing group for their patience, information, kindness, and hospitality Friday night; a special note to the hungry: their absolutely spectacular ribs and pork shoulder. They had several excellent BBQ sauces to go with, including a home-made, which was a perfect match for my taste.

OP mentioned pulled pork for Saturday after the race; if the ribs are any indication at all.....

I wanted to thank you and Greg and your Teams for feeding us some Hella sweet food.
The party was great.
Again, Thank you from Elmos revenge and Super Grover!!!!
Manny

Glad everyone could make it.  And you guys donaed $380 to Alex's.  Almost triple what we did last year, so, awesome everyone, and thank you for being so generous.

Thank you to everyone who brought dishes to serve along side everything, I truly appreciate it.  And a huge thank you to Pro Crash Duh Nation, you guys are awesome, loved getting to finally know you better after racing with you for so long.

I had a blast cooking for everyone who came, so, thank you, and we will do it again next year!

Capt. Zero Energy Racing

Thanks for the Grub!   Glad the storm didn't mess up the plans ... the mustard and spicy vinegar were totally awesome!

You deserve a trophy from the 3pm!

Jeff
Three Pedal Mafia
Ombudsman - Coalition of Alternate Breakfast Meats

Mkotzias wrote:

I wanted to thank you and Greg and your Teams for feeding us some Hella sweet food.
The party was great.
Again, Thank you from Elmos revenge and Super Grover!!!!
Manny

Your very welcome. The guys at Zero energy were as awesome as their food, well almost as awesome - its tough to be better than their chicken, ribs and pork. And the Deuce and a Half was so cool. Best pit vehicle ever.

So if you were at Thunderbolt Saturday night you had your choice of delicious pulled pork with all the trimmings, a delicious hot Italian dinner with matching wine & salad or gorging yourself at a pig roast. You could also be sipping your choice of Gin & Tonic while you sat by the campfire. What an incredible feast of food and drink.

Unfortunately (or fortunately) the crazy storm rolled in while we were breaking out the whiskey and cigars. So bright and early  Sunday morning I missed the pleasure of racing the Alfa hung over.

Thanks to everyone who helped out and thanks to everyone who came.

Greg

1987 Alfa Milano (Bellissima since 2008), Racing since 2008 Stafford Springs,  2nd overall 2011 NJMP, 4th at NHMS 2011, 2nd at Summit 2011, Into the wall hard at Stafford Springs 2011, 2nd at Monticello 2013, 3rd at NHMS 2013, 2nd at NHMS 2016. 2nd at NJMP 2018

25,000 racing miles in 32 races in 10 years. Yes its the same motor. Tell me again how Alfas suck? Update: Big moneyshift = new motor