Topic: The Science Project : Absolute Zero 159 NJMP Crash Footage/details?

Late on Sunday our white integra 159 crashed coming onto the straight. Did anyone capture any footage of the crash?
We haven't had a chance to tear-down the car to see if there was a parts failure.

This seems to have been a tough race for many teams. Drive Safe.

2 (edited by Somebody 2018-05-18 08:04 PM)

Re: The Science Project : Absolute Zero 159 NJMP Crash Footage/details?

I was directly behind you guys going into that turn. By some miracle and by skin of my teeth we missed contact. I had to mow about 1/3 of the main straights grass in order to avoid that accident. Thank goodness your driver was able to walk away from that wreck. The moment it passed I was worried shitless about him.

It appeared to me that the Integra unloaded its rear end on the apex on the curbing which swung the car into the inside wall which is exactly what would happen if you lift off the accel there. I had already been committed to the turn at that point and knew I couldn't lift or we would have had two cars into that wall. Unknowingly I prepared for the car to end up on the track in the middle so I got my wheels as close to the left side of the curbing that I could on exit. What happened next was the Integra hit the wall and richoeted across track. Luckily was able to avoid a crash that could have been way worse.

Unfortunately the Gopro in our car had its mount broken earlier in the day and I have no video of it. I also think I gapped the cars behind me leading me to believe there is probably not a video. :-(

Edit : It was roughly with 40 to 45 minutes left in the race when it occurred

a lethal overdose of brick wall, taken while under the influence of a Ferrari and a bottle of tequila.

I was there after the accident.  No video, but was quite a hit.  Glad the driver's OK.

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!

Apollo704 wrote:

Late on Sunday our white integra 159 crashed coming onto the straight. Did anyone capture any footage of the crash?
We haven't had a chance to tear-down the car to see if there was a parts failure.

This seems to have been a tough race for many teams. Drive Safe.

Wet track and crappy cars will do that. Was it anywhere near the Ford Ranger incident? They had a massive trans failure that spit the driveshaft. It took out the back half of the trans and punctured the fuel tank. There was ATF and fuel all over the place.

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1969 Rover P6B 3500S(sold) - Super G-Rover - I.O.E Winner, Class C Winner
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleshipm Class C x2 and IOE winner
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - IOE,”Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner

chaase wrote:

Wet track and crappy cars will do that. Was it anywhere near the Ford Ranger incident? They had a massive trans failure that spit the driveshaft. It took out the back half of the trans and punctured the fuel tank. There was ATF and fuel all over the place.

Was that in T1?  I saw the super duper beetle lock up and saw a lot of debris in the air.  Shortly after, I saw the p/u out in the grass with the driver out of it in T2.  Hard to tell what happened from the pits.

NJMP '11--#132 (Speedycop), NJMP '12 to '16--#215 (Philthy Motorsports), NJMP '16--#75 Most Heroic Fix, NJMP '17--#75 (still drying out), NJMP '18--#75, NHMS '18 - #75 Datsun 510

jbl wrote:
chaase wrote:

Was that in T1?  I saw the super duper beetle lock up and saw a lot of debris in the air.  Shortly after, I saw the p/u out in the grass with the driver out of it in T2.  Hard to tell what happened from the pits.

It happened on the final turn leading to the front straight.

a lethal overdose of brick wall, taken while under the influence of a Ferrari and a bottle of tequila.

7 (edited by Somebody 2018-05-25 11:07 AM)

Well, if we can identify the car ahead in this video when it approaches the incident, we may find some video. Fast forward to 5:59:50 or around there. It will lead into the time it happened. We just need to identify and contact the car owner to see if he got some footage.

https://youtu.be/y7HTuDDUEvc

It could possibly be the Haterade E30 car.

Somebody wrote:

Well, if we can identify the car ahead in this video when it approaches the incident, we may find some video. Fast forward to 5:59:50 or around there. It will lead into the time it happened. We just need to identify and contact the car owner to see if he got some footage.

Nice driving although my OCD is making me hate your steering wheel alignment.

9 (edited by Somebody 2018-05-29 12:37 PM)

CrownNeverVictorious wrote:
Somebody wrote:

Nice driving although my OCD is making me hate your steering wheel alignment.

My OCD was kicking in watching it too. That was not me nor the car I was in.

* Update, talked with the E30 team, they missed anything that happened, but they told me another car was ahead of them. We will try to get in contact with them and hopefully they have some video.

#6 (Zero Energy Racing), #723 (Rally Baby Racing), and #235 (Prompt Critical)

These were the next three cars in front of the E30, thanks Andy. Also thanks Blake, the 723 did not have any video unfortunately,  so we are looking for #6 and #235. If anyone knows them it will be highly appreciated to get in contact with them.

Talked to Prompt Critical and they filled their video card on Saturday so no Sunday video.

Team Glue Sticks
00 Firebird, 02 X-Type, 93 NX2000, 00 Mazda 626 (Sold)
2016 NJMP Heroic Fix, 2017 NJMP Near Heroic Fix except we can't drive, 2017 Thompson I Got Screwed, 2019 Pitt Heroic Fix

meyers0150 wrote:

Talked to Prompt Critical and they filled their video card on Saturday so no Sunday video.

I was going to suggest them.I know they have cameras in the car.

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1969 Rover P6B 3500S(sold) - Super G-Rover - I.O.E Winner, Class C Winner
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleshipm Class C x2 and IOE winner
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - IOE,”Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner