Topic: What fresh hell...

Is a mid-70s duster? The front suspension is asymmetric?!

Discuss.

That guy

Re: What fresh hell...

Transverse Torsion Bars?

I still don't get how they didn't take a bit more time to eliminate the Anti-sway bar on that setup. It basically has 3 torsion bars which seems over done.

Coil Overs are nature's candy.

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

Mopars use t-bars. you can upgrade to larger units, however it isn't going to handle as well as a coil spring car...and there is only so much camber you can get, that said they can be made light and with a 360 and a 4 speed would be pretty fast.

"get up and get your grandma outta here"

Guildenstern wrote:

Coil Overs are nature's candy.

Too much candy makes you fat. I can't speak for the transverse torsion bar abomination, but the longitudinal ones in early Mopars are great. Keep your suspension out of the engine bay so you can fit more engine in there!

Offset UCA bushings for more camber. You can't "cut out a coil" for cheap/easy handling, but if you don't mind the labor you can cut a pipe or round stock lengthwise and weld it around your original T-bars for serious stiffening on the cheap.

Mopar or no car, eatin' Chevys and shittin' Fords, etc. etc. tongue

Don't tell the Porsche 911 guys that torsion bars can't handle smile

Of course, you also shouldn't tell those guys that a car with 2/3 of its weight in back makes no sense for anything except maybe drag racing (which, apart from Eddie Bello, nobody did with those...)

Tradewinds Tribesmen Racing (The road goes on forever…)
#289 1984 Corvette Z51 #124 1984 944 #110 2002 Passat
Gone but not forgotten, #427-Hong Kong Cavaliers Benz S500
IOE (Humber!) Hell on Wheels (Jaguar)

I was just confused when I tied one down on a trailer and the left front didn't match the right front. It also has a 3-speed manual swapped in place of the OE slushbox behind the leaning tower of power.

And it turns out I meant late-70s, and Plymouth Volare.

That guy

That had me a little confused. A-bodies never had transverse T-bars, and I didn't think they made an F-body Duster.

If you have any questions about slant sixes, shoot me a PM.

I don't plan on doing anything with it... Not my cuppa torture. If all goes well the last I'll see of it is on somebody's trailer this weekend.

That guy