Re: Tire life/how many tires used in a race

Also beware of some of the tires that have recently switched TW ratings but not their compounds. Like the Toyo R1r. Great tires, but they used to be a 140TW that magically switched to 200. Those tires will not last on a heavier car.

The tires listed by VanillaHaze are the tried and true easy button tires. We keep going back to the Falkens and really like them on the very heavy Saab.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

Can't beat the falkens in the bang for buck category. $105/tire and they grip well and wear decently.  We have been running the new 615k+ and are very satisfied.

#33 Ford Festiva - We Are Not Really From Iran (Retired)
#928 Porsche 928 - West German Pushrodders (Retired)
#3 BMW E36 - The Internet says this is correct

Fishah wrote:

Can't beat the falkens in the bang for buck category. $105/tire and they grip well and wear decently.  We have been running the new 615k+ and are very satisfied.

+1

Apocalyptic Racing - Occupy Pit Lane racing
Racing the "Toylet" Toyota Celica powered by Chevrolet Ecotec.
24x Loser with the Celica. 16x loser in other fine machines
Overall winner Gingerman 2019

Brett85p wrote:
Fishah wrote:

+1

Same on the 615+.  I just keep going back.  The only other decent tire in the price range are the Hankooks, but I don't think they grip as well.  However, the life is still great.

Team Glue Sticks
00 Firebird, 02 X-Type, 93 NX2000, 00 Mazda 626 (Sold)
2016 NJMP Heroic Fix, 2017 NJMP Near Heroic Fix except we can't drive, 2017 Thompson I Got Screwed, 2019 Pitt Heroic Fix

Dunlop Direzza Star Specs, Falken Azenis, Bridgestone Potenza RE-71Rs, Hankook RS4s, and now Yokohama Advan Neova AD08Rs.
Also Kumho vr720s......
I am a dealer if anyone is interested.

Manny

I;m looking at the BFG Gforce Rival, the RS4, toyo r1r, v720. 225/45/15. What can you do on 8 tires Manny?

Team Safety 3rd Racing.
1985 Dodge Daytona Turbo-currently being lemonized.
https://www.facebook.com/TeamSafety3rdRacing/

Safety3rdRacing wrote:

I;m looking at the BFG Gforce Rival, the RS4, toyo r1r, v720. 225/45/15. What can you do on 8 tires Manny?

Avoid the R1r. Just forget it exists. It is not an endurance racing tire unless you're in a very very light car.

Find a set of 16" wheels for your dayona. If you were closer I'd just give you one of my old sets. The tire selection is much better. Seriously go find a set of wheels that you can put a set of AZENIS RT615K+ tires on. the compound wears and grips much like the star specs we used to run, and we were getting 2 full races out of the star specs on our daytona. We were running 205/50-16 sizes if I recall correctly. The falkens are on the cheaper end of the price scale too. They come up often enough with $100 rebates.

The RS4 is likely fine as well. The rivals, i'm a little behind on them, but there was a time where that was a great tire for us, then they changed it to be more of an autocross tire and now it doesn't last as long.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice