Topic: Looking for ride at Carolina MP in Sept

Looking to buy a ride at the September race ai CMP. Have cash and lots of experience. Raced in Firestone Firehawk, Motorola Cup, etc from 1989-2006. Also a capable wrench, logistics and strategizer. Have cash and time.
Also interested in the December Road Atlanta race (have a win at that track).
John R Kohler
Zippo #47

Re: Looking for ride at Carolina MP in Sept

John

We may have a seat available, depending on whether or not team members decide to make the trip.  I'll check back after we're accepted.

T bird and Galaxie are slated to go.

Silent But Deadly Racing- Chief cook and bottle washer, Former Flyin Turd Race Team Captain 
Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird Turbo Coupe, Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie
Besmirching race tracks in the Eastern US since 2001

bbbandit wrote:

Looking to buy a ride at the September race ai CMP. Have LOTS of cash and experience. Raced in Firestone Firehawk, Motorola Cup, etc from 1989-2006. Also a capable wrench, logistics and strategizer. Have cash and time.
Also interested in the December Road Atlanta race (have a win at that track).
John R Kohler
Zippo #47

Fixed it for you now the teams should come flocking in smile

I'm Nikolas Van Helsing, professor of proctology and other related tendencies. A graduate of the University of Rangoon. And assorted night classes at the Knoxville Tennessee school of faith healing.
Team Cheese Consortium, now Boondoggle Racing!!
2010, 26th @ CMP, 2011, 10th & 5th at CMP, 2012? (MIA) 2013 CMP, 53rd sad

Just curious as to where you are based out of?

I'm Nikolas Van Helsing, professor of proctology and other related tendencies. A graduate of the University of Rangoon. And assorted night classes at the Knoxville Tennessee school of faith healing.

I have a fast car need one more fast driver, Going for a class win this year
also doing Atlanta
PM ASAP trying to fill seat

All drivers have lots of experience some in firehawk as well

Aggressive1 wrote:

I have a fast car need one more fast driver, Going for a class win this year
also doing Atlanta
PM ASAP trying to fill seat

All drivers have lots of experience some in firehawk as well

What are the cost? I know CMP like the back of my hand but am not looking to spend a fortune for a ride. Also what class are you running in?

Sorry to hijack!

We are coming to CMP for our 4th race this year and having issues with some guys sticking to the team.  We have 3 guys who are dedicated and 2 flakes. 

How does it normally work adding a driver to a team?  Do they normally pay their driver fee and anything on the car?  Just curious as to what's deemed fair.

Thanks! 

See yall at CMP in the USDA Prime Hyundai tiburon.

Usually it seems that people try to estimate the total for expenses for the race and split it between drivers. Some teams record every penny and split it however, some teams pay the estimate and then make corrections based on what was actually spent. For my car, since I'm a one man team, I just ask a given amount for a given race based on the expected split of drive time.

One thing I think that every team owner will tell you is that if you're not paid before the race, nothing is guaranteed.