1 (edited by DirtyDuc 2018-06-21 01:58 PM)

Topic: A&D available at Buttonwillow

We've got a slot or two available for Buttonwillow. It's (probably) the diesel Porsche 924.

It'll have fresh tires and it will almost certainly still be in Class C.

Right now we are 3... driver strategy? Not so much. Running? That's the plan.

You: can drive stick and not break the car so badly it has to get fixed while the track is hot. If you live in nearby (to me) BFE and can show up to wrench, that's a bonus.

We'll be camping at the track with the "big" trailer, so there's probably room for you to sleep. It's got a fridge and stuff

Caveat: I don't promise to make this a dream come true and I might send you off on uncompensated wild goose chases for parts/fuel/beer.

Sound like your kind of party?
$700 covers your share of of the fees and getting the car to the track.

Updated to reflect 2018 prices... Lemons went up and I get worse fuel economy than expected in the Gigantor rig.

That guy

Re: A&D available at Buttonwillow

Not looking for a team, but just to let you know, me and a couple of my teammates have owned many 924s for the past 25 years or so, so if you want help wrenching or parts (have a ton of extra vw/924 junk) or anything like that, find us in the green/white Takata Honda Accord.  We've had mostly the older Audi engine ones, but also 944s and 951s.

I'll try and come by to say hi anyway!

Takata R&D :: 93 Accord - team captain
GoPro 360 Heros :: BMW E28  - driver/mechanic

Thanks for the offer!

This one did start life with an Audi engine... still has 4 bolt wheels and drums in the back.

That guy

For those potentially interested but not committed enough to say anything:

Wrenching ability isn't where we are lacking. Oh, you can cook? Good enough. I'll even teach you how to drive stick.

You have questions?  Email via the forum or post up.

That guy

Hi Duc,

Put me on your list.  Two pluses:  I can drive,  I'm dependable.

Are drivers suits/helmet provided or bring my own?

Thanks

This is a BYOG* operation.

We are at 4 right now.  If you're okay being the 5th wheel, you're in. Email me so I can invite you to the team (and include a little more about yourself).

That makes us full up!

*Bring Your Own Gear - although rented/borrowed from somebody else works for me, too.

That guy

Thanks for the offer.  I'll pass on this one.  Maybe next time.  Good luck.

8 (edited by mcaveniathor 2017-12-04 01:15 PM)

Still looking for a driver?

Edit: two years of experience wrenching on / autoXing / tracking an E30.  I can cook camp food, and I'm pretty good at poker

Not for Buttonwillow 2017...

But I probably have a slot or two open at Inde 2018.

That guy

And a couple more seats throughout the year... but I live in the [mesquite] sticks with rattlesnakes... Unless the location in my "from" line sounds local to you, figure on buying a seat.

I plan to hit Inde, Buttonwillow, and MSR in 2018.

That guy

11 (edited by fleming95 2017-12-05 01:10 PM)

<forum burp>

My racing buddy and I are interested in teaming up with you guys.  We both have lots of track time at Buttonwillow and are looking to meld with a group that is willing to have a great time.  Let us know if there is any interest.

Regards,
Basil Smith & Richarrd Wimmer

Basil,

I still don't know what car(s) I am bringing to Buttonwillow this year... but if your idea of a great time is elbows deep in grease and diesel, I often do that.

Are you local to Buttonwillow or southeast AZ (since you mention teaming up)?

Q

That guy

My brother in law and I are also looking to get involved at Buttonwillow this year.
I live an hour from Buttonwillow, and have some race experience.
My experience at Buttonwillow is on two wheels.

My brother in law is in Phoenix and is a professional mechanic.
He may be available to help wrench and we both are willing to work the pit, and drive

Tomkeyaia,

I updated the original post, shoot me an email with more info and any questions. (email works by clicking the username, like PMs in other forums)

Q

That guy

Hello guys. Do you need a driver? I am from Europe (Croatia) and I can drive a stick smile

We are currently full up for Buttonwillow 2018.

That guy