Topic: New team signed up for Pac NW GP - Still need cage!

As the title says - we need a cage installed for the July race. We had a fabricator lined up and they backed out this week. The car is an early 90s Mazda 323 and is gutted except for the dash, gauge cluster and the wiring. I've been making phone calls but it seems most places have at least a month and a half before any availability. We're located near Shelton but can transport the car most anywhere in Western Washington.

What says the forum? Any takers?

#323 Sawzda

Re: New team signed up for Pac NW GP - Still need cage!

You might want to try one of the Facebook groups. A lot of the forum traffic has moved over there. Good to post in both places.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1222036431151240/

Wendell34 wrote:

You might want to try one of the Facebook groups. A lot of the forum traffic has moved over there. Good to post in both places.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1222036431151240/

What do you have Facebook stock or something?

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

11GT50 wrote:

I've been making phone calls but it seems most places have at least a month and a half before any availability.

Have you tried Doug Chase at Chase Race in Duvall? It's a bit of a drive from the Shelton area but Doug does great work and he races in Lemons, so he knows the caging requirements quite well. I have no idea about his availability, though.

1982 MG Metro 1300: IOE 2015 Pacific Northworst GP, Longest Distance 2010 Cd'L Box Wine Country Classic
1980 KV Mini 1: Worst of Show and Fright Pig Supremo 2009 Concours d'Lemons
1978 H Special: Second-Round Elimination 2010 Lemons Pinewood Derby at Sears Pointless
1967 SAAB 96: IOE 2012 Pacific Northworst GP, Organizer's Choice 2022 Hell on Wheels California Rally

I did try Chase Race and wasn't able to reach him. I found a shop today in Kent that can take the car on Monday.

#323 Sawzda

11GT50 wrote:

I did try Chase Race and wasn't able to reach him. I found a shop today in Kent that can take the car on Monday.

Welcome!

Now that we've got that out of the way,lets get serious for a minute.....

You'll want to print out about 5 copies of the Lemons 'How not to fail tech"and give them to your cage builder...

https://24hoursoflemons.com/wp-content/ … 051817.pdf

You should read it,your team should read it and your cage guy should read it.
It should keep you from making stupid mistakes that will keep you off the track.
Just make sure he follows the rules,and doesn't insist on  doing  things "his way"because "thats the way I've always done it"

Also, you should have your seat installed first...before you cage the beast.....

Good Luck
M

45+x Loser.....You'd think I would learn......
5x I.O.E  Winner   1 Heroic Fix Winner   1 Org Choice Winner
2x  I Got Screwed Winner    2x Class C Winner
(Still a Class B driver in a Class A car)