Topic: Seeking cage builder - Central IL

So, we made it through tech at Gingerman, but were asked to modify our cage. Anybody have a recommendation for the Peoria, IL area?

Re: Seeking cage builder - Central IL

What did they ask you to change?

The dash was left in the car when it was caged and the front down bars don't go through the dash, they go down before they reach the dash. It's pretty stout otherwise but this needs changed.

BlkRalliart wrote:

The dash was left in the car when it was caged and the front down bars don't go through the dash, they go down before they reach the dash. It's pretty stout otherwise but this needs changed.

Did they authorize just using a "Toe" bar (Goes from the final bend in the down bar as far into the foot well as possible) on each side or does it need an all new front leg/down bar?  If the former, the tube for each side can be straight, notched and then the final angle trimmed off the end.  No bender required so just a skilled welder, some plate, a couple pieces of DOM about 30" long and a grinder.

The use of a "toe" bar never came up. I'll email the tech gurus with pictures. Thanks for the suggestion!

BlkRalliart wrote:

The use of a "toe" bar never came up. I'll email the tech gurus with pictures. Thanks for the suggestion!

In the past, it has been allowed as it does accomplish all the real goals but if you are a new team that showed up with a marginal cage, Pagel may say the down bars have to be replaced.

I don't know how far you are willing to travel but I am in central Wisconsin. About 1 hour north of Milwaukee. Message me if you are interested.

I am in the peoria area and could do some cage work, like the "toe" bars if that turns out to be acceptable. I don't have enough free time to do a complete front leg redo though.

Found a cage builder close to home - the "toe" bar thing was nixed by the way.

Taking it to them this week to go over the planned changes.

I knew it was a long shot...but hoped it would fly.  It  "can" if the original cage issues are not too bad but Pagel is understandably getting more cautious as the as the series grows.