Topic: Gingerman Summer recap for team Bad Decisions

We entered two cars this race with 4 of our normal drivers, two newbies and two veteran A&D's.  The 1947 Plymouth was to have fun with and finish shaking out the bugs.  The Dustbuster was destined to compete for Class C.  Things did not go as planned.

Let's hit the lowlights:

Got to the track late (for me) after a terrible week at work
Trailer had (another) spring shackle break off because it was welded by a drunk, blind 4-year-old (I assume)
Got contaminated fuel from Walmart
It was muggy
The van was dumping power steering fluid out as fast as we could pour it in (exaggeration)
Van had a miss that took way too long to diagnose
Plymouth struggled with fueling issues until Sunday
Both cars were push started most of Saturday
Van was push started all of Sunday (that it was on the track)
Van ended the day early Sunday because it had more play in the rack than a 1980's Dodge van
Plymouth struggled with overheating
We boiled the brake fluid in the Plymouth
Lost ANOTHER EZ-UP

Highlights:

Plymouth is even more epic to drive than expected
Plymouth really did run most of the weekend...just not always well
Nathan (from Postal Fail) turned a 1:58 in the Plymouth which might be our team record on the long track for any car
Nathan turned the best time at Gingerman in the van...ever...at 2:09
Everyone got a decent amount of track time
We now own a belt to bypass the power steering on the van
Andrew (the guy that normally comes to races with 28' trailer of fab gear) showed up at the race and even repaired my trailer for me
Good people, good food, lots of telling stories that are at least mostly true
Freezer pops are awesome so the chest freezer will be going to all future warm weather races
No one died

In the end it was still better that work and got to see about half our old friends from Lemons and made few new ones.

2 (edited by Guildenstern 2018-07-02 04:20 PM)

Re: Gingerman Summer recap for team Bad Decisions

Are you positive the contaminated fuel was from Walmart? We had shit in our tank and filter.

Oh and what was the brand of those ice cream sandwiches? The wafer was so crispy.

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

Oh, and got Marc of Radial-engined MR2 fame to explain the build, in detail to 3 of my 5 engineers (yes, I had five engineers as drivers).  The look of wonder and amazement on their faces was...AMOST worth all the other misery.

Guildenstern wrote:

Are you positive the contaminated fuel was from Walmart? We had shit in our tank and filter.

Oh and what was the brand of those ice cream sandwiches? The wafer was so crispy.

Yeah, I am positive the 93 octane from Walmart was contaminated because it had more than a gallon of black water in it.  The 55 gallon drum I put it into was drained last race so we could have slightly contributed to rust content of the fuel but not by much.

No clue on the ice cream sandwiches but they were from Walmart.

Oh ok, yea we had white sandy crap in ours.

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

Bad Company was very grateful to Bad Decisions for the bad decision of letting us use your engine hoist. Then feeding us steak and chicken. Tip top to you all.

Team BAD Company Endurance
Acura RSX #0
4 times losers, and counting...
"I got screwed" winners? 2018 Cure for Gingervitis, 5th on laps overall 2018 Elite meet to Cheat

Yep, ice cream sandwiches were just Walmart brand.

The ice cream sammiches were yummy

MBTL Racing

I look forward to seeing the Plymouth at CMP!!!

Silent But Deadly Racing-  Ricky Bobby's Laughing Clown Malt Liquor Thunderbird , Datsun 510, 87 Mustang (The Race Team Formerly Known as Prince), 72 Pinto Squire waggy, Parnelli Jones 67 Galaxie, Turbo Coupe Surf wagon.(The Surfin Bird), Squatting Dogs In Tracksuits,  Space Pants!  Roy Fuckin Kent and The tribute to a tribute to a tribute THUNDERBIRD/ SUNDAHBADOH!