Topic: Rally question for my dog!

Long time lurker.  I took the plunge and acquired an old beater car for a rally.  It may be ready by sometime next year. 

Any rules or limitations on bringing my dog along with me?   
I would assume the answer would be "Yeah just find yourself pet friendly lodging and you'll be set'.

If otherwise, lemme know

-Joshy

Re: Rally question for my dog!

JoshTheBassist wrote:

Long time lurker.  I took the plunge and acquired an old beater car for a rally.  It may be ready by sometime next year. 

Any rules or limitations on bringing my dog along with me?   
I would assume the answer would be "Yeah just find yourself pet friendly lodging and you'll be set'.

If otherwise, lemme know

-Joshy

I highly doubt it. Just make sure your co-pilot is properly strapped into the car for the trip and you have food, water,etc

1992 Saturn SL2 (retired) - Elmo's Revenge -  Class B winner, Heroic Fix winner x2
1969 Rover P6B 3500S(sold) - Super G-Rover - I.O.E Winner, Class C Winner
1996 Saturn SW2 - Elmo's Revenge (reborn!), Saturn SL1  Dazzleshipm Class C x2 and IOE winner
1974 AMC Javelin - Oscar's Trash heap - IOE,”Organizer's Choice" and "I got Screwed" award winner

We've had a handful of rally entries bring dogs, so no problem there.

The hotels that we recommend aren't required so you're welcome to find pet-friendly lodging on your own if the ones we've picked don't allow dogs. There were two brothers from Canada on the Winter Rally who had a tent on top of their Jetta and their Great Dane slept on the back seat. All of the back seat.

Eric Rood
Everything Bagel, 24 Hours of Lemons
eric@24hoursoflemons.com

http://www.roadkill.com/lemons-car-weee … e-winners/

http://www.roadkill.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/Lemons_Rally_2017_Uber604.jpg

Next Rally Car: An abandoned 1972 Opel GT (Plan-B: My late grandparent's 1996 Chevrolet Caprice Classic)
Previous Rally Cars: 1971 Opel Kadett, 1988 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24, 1998 Volvo V90 (5.0L), 1965 Ford Galaxie 500 (turbocharged 351W)

Fantastic.

therood wrote:

...you're welcome to find pet-friendly lodging...

Tempting, but I'm still not bringing my cat.

1982 MG Metro 1300: IOE 2015 Pacific Northworst GP, Longest Distance 2010 Cd'L Box Wine Country Classic
1980 KV Mini 1: Worst of Show and Fright Pig Supremo 2009 Concours d'Lemons
1978 H Special: Second-Round Elimination 2010 Lemons Pinewood Derby at Sears Pointless
1967 SAAB 96: IOE 2012 Pacific Northworst GP, Organizer's Choice 2022 Hell on Wheels California Rally

mharrell wrote:
therood wrote:

...you're welcome to find pet-friendly lodging...

Tempting, but I'm still not bringing my cat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Nr2cy5pt2E

or

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_hwerqogzQ

Spank wrote:

...or...

Our previous cat was more like the one in the first video. Our current cat remains upset even after we're several hours into a trip, so we've given up trying to take him anywhere other than occasionally a few blocks to and from the vet, which no doubt is doing wonders to reinforce his opinion of automobiles.

1982 MG Metro 1300: IOE 2015 Pacific Northworst GP, Longest Distance 2010 Cd'L Box Wine Country Classic
1980 KV Mini 1: Worst of Show and Fright Pig Supremo 2009 Concours d'Lemons
1978 H Special: Second-Round Elimination 2010 Lemons Pinewood Derby at Sears Pointless
1967 SAAB 96: IOE 2012 Pacific Northworst GP, Organizer's Choice 2022 Hell on Wheels California Rally

I brought my dog along for the 2017 Moscow to Paris Rally. I was able to find some pet friendly hotels in half of the stops and I used AirBnB for the ones that we couldn't find pet friendly hotels nearby. It also helped bringing a dog as my co-pilot and myself learned that we hate Waffle House Waffles but our dog had no objections during the waffle eating contest.