Topic: Hi from Paraguay and Germany

Hi to all petrolheads!!!

i´m a 37 years old guy from germany that setteled to paraguay. i had a semipro raceteam in germany, racing longdistance races 24h nürburgring northloop green hell, hockenheim, 24h dubai and so on. but at the end its getting bigger and bigger... the more pro it was the less fun we had out theire...

a year ago i sold everything in germany and moved to paraguay, nice weather, less people, sadly no really racetracks, more rallye, but i like asphalt more...

years ago i saw videos from Lemons... and i decided one day we´ll participate at this action. cool spirit, serious but funny

so we are lookig for a team which can get us one ore two cars reay to race, cause organizing to build up a racecar with our mechanics in germany ship it, is much to difficult... so who can help us???
we prefer races close to vegas, so we can combine it with a bit of holidays

thanks a lot and keep tracks clear

Re: Hi from Paraguay and Germany

Honestly, building and shipping cars in from Germany would earn you a lot of bonus love from the judges. Especially something either Eastern BLOC or weird french.

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

Guildenstern wrote:

Honestly, building and shipping cars in from Germany would earn you a lot of bonus love from the judges. Especially something either Eastern BLOC or weird french.

true... but as i quit racing in germany, my teammembers spread over to other teams, countrys, so that would be hard to manage... in fact i live in paraguay...

A few west coast teams have been known to have rentals and when we still had it we rented out our Saturn SC2 roadster.  I have seriously considered renting out the Dustbuster minivan but more as a "development" car for newbies and wannabe team owners to get their feet wet without divng in head first with their hair and credit card on fire.  With amazing brakes, forgiving handling and normally excellent reliability it seems perfect for this.  Would still consider it but we focus on the Midwest races (Chicago and Western Michigan).

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/i7YPgdm7Q6Juw_5-7WqDbWa1-Gld1Ch4cbyrNRcnbST5Va-JFVHYZiIX5N51V6kuFpsRlmOCTLrT_CUI_fIjrgUqfHErqxEg7kgoKtG0WQrK7aAUKbCFrmLxThgi5VZ8p-FxyCDPUtBVdMfpsV7WH8cdGaG_CooR6Smc_ACnXiT9fZIydPvBQj44xZ88iDU5tx2YV7P54PrX3Hszhe1vXtOKA4EkVrjpIyPtUMa8L-wXnDyllfrbLPfI5u5tAqePTITw8WJnG4w7QRZKwVnEnepd4L75rwwLxO7b6MgMerNjEsgHo45YWrX1HJfEpPVLoxtPvJxV56uDCLFEPHsYG8yAOlEnbzLoHuq_r_IgrYv9c9LRDoo8KGl9RP4CqytlyHLaCWQ_Iup5l8GTdZnHCZkR_1J4L9RXomBloHQoH-DOtLjKsBQtw9kqi_vwQ9m3sBFGvpNM7RnJ8J0qoirOhJqcnow8iFsme46fuVBAdGGU4FoUp85fzT4L1Hs12aSwcSMaTolPM6vzyYLNBU8qbYhqusja3hAvIceItwjvde-At4WWz1AvlGjXwYnAPYeRGCRyaydpmW371Z2I7LTWRCNZgWAB9A2zxfXTLrY=w1280-h720-no

Not renting out the Plymouth...we are keeping that all to ourselves

https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/36350005_10155917705254495_353609386238672896_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=9b7924f32311341dcb6bb082ba959659&oe=5C0B4E80

As mentioned in your other thread, nothing is close to Vegas but cheap and frequent flights to and from Vegas are available to a lot of the US.

Guildenstern wrote:

I think this is true, but a non-US certified car would certainly need an exemption from HQ. From the rulebook:

2.1: Vehicle Eligibility: Entry limited to mass-produced, four-wheeled vehicles legal for US highway use at the time of their manufacture.

We Audi Be Faster
'85 Audi Coupe G(in &) T(onic)

RSB wrote:

...a non-US certified car would certainly need an exemption from HQ.

True. HQ was rather enthusiastic about granting a waiver for our team's MG Metro, though. My guess is that as long as the idea isn't unavoidably suicidal (which probably disqualifies some of my other cars), a waiver can be arranged.

1982 MG Metro 1300: IOE 2015 Pacific Northworst GP, Longest Distance 2010 Cd'L Box Wine Country Classic
1980 KV Mini 1: Worst of Show and Fright Pig Supremo 2009 Concours d'Lemons
1978 H Special: Second-Round Elimination 2010 Lemons Pinewood Derby at Sears Pointless
1967 SAAB 96: IOE 2012 Pacific Northworst GP, Organizer's Choice 2022 Hell on Wheels California Rally

7 (edited by BoB 2018-07-27 11:57 AM)

well they are in Paraguay now instead of Germany but I"m sure any not available in the us car would still be loved.  Because in general we all have the maturity of 12 year olds I would suggest the DongFeng Mini Truck (as long as they ok it) its weird for the US and having Dong in the company name will make us giggle.

https://i.machinio.com/medium/1gh2xwh/29853987_2.jpg

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

Turnkey Lemons cars come up for sale in the $1000 range from time to time. Just buy one of those.

#33 Ford Festiva - We Are Not Really From Iran (Retired)
#928 Porsche 928 - West German Pushrodders (Retired)
#3 BMW E36 - The Internet says this is correct

9 (edited by Guildenstern 2018-07-27 01:20 PM)

How long are those? Non US production cars are one thing, but wheelbase and weight are trickier waivers to get. It’s what keeps the Trabant out.

A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)

Fishah wrote:

Turnkey Lemons cars come up for sale in the $1000 range from time to time. Just buy one of those.

He would still need someone to manage it since they aren’t in country.

11 (edited by BoB 2018-07-27 01:46 PM)

Guildenstern wrote:

How long are those? Non US production cars are one thing, but wheelbase and weight are trickier waivers to get. It’s what keeps the Trabant out.

99 inches although top speed of 55 maybe a big problem.

Racing 4 Nickels - 1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera
2011 SHOWROOM-SCHLOCK SHOOTOUT  IOE Winner
2012 The Chubba Cheddar Enduro Class C winner
Facebook Page

Guildenstern wrote:
Fishah wrote:

He would still need someone to manage it since they aren’t in country.

This was my thought exactly.  Not just manage but provide all the race support.  This could work with team like mine or an "empire" like Spank but just runnning two of our cars is not less than two times the work.  The logistics tail is insane.  We can do it at Joliet, no issue, but Gingerman proved challenging since it is more than an hour from home.