1 (edited by GoodSign 2018-07-30 02:00 PM)

Topic: New member in San Diego

Hi! I just joined the forums today, my name is Eric. Happy to be here. I'll be looking to join a team soon.

Re: New member in San Diego

welcome. be sure to put your location,

Thanks, sunny and hot San Diego!

I drive, I can be a good wrench and I have tools

It might help to describe what type of team you are looking for.  There are fast teams that want to win, there are slow teams that just like to race bizarre cars, and everything in between.  Many have started out with an arrive and drive at one of the races with cars owned by Spank, Chris Overzet and others.

Pick a race you want to do and place your name in the Drivers/Wrenches Looking for Teams forum.  Buttonwillow is the closest race to you and is at the end of September.

Team whatever_racecar #745 Volvo wagon

I'm in Escondido and you are welcome to come by and just take a look around and ask questions. Always lots of crap to work on, but never enough time to work on it. Mostly because I'm too busy buying more crap to then not work on.

Rinse, repeat.

I'm not looking to scare you away-- I'm generally pretty approachable and eager to get others started on their path.

7 (edited by bilcoh 2018-07-31 02:36 PM)

Spank wrote:

I'm not looking to scare you away-- I'm generally pretty approachable and eager to get others started on their path.

From the point of view of a noob, this sounds an awful lot like the line I heard from my pusher when I first got started.

NOTE:  I never actually had a pusher, OR a drug habit.  But Spank sounds like what I'd imagine one to be.  MY BEST FRIEND!!

Until I O/D'd.

bilcoh wrote:

Until I O/D'd.

No, not at all! Spank would never abandon anyone because of an overdrive transmission.

The rest of that analogy, however, is spot-on.

1982 MG Metro 1300: IOE 2015 Pacific Northworst GP, Longest Distance 2010 Cd'L Box Wine Country Classic
1980 KV Mini 1: Worst of Show and Fright Pig Supremo 2009 Concours d'Lemons
1978 H Special: Second-Round Elimination 2010 Lemons Pinewood Derby at Sears Pointless
1967 SAAB 96: IOE 2012 Pacific Northworst GP, Organizer's Choice 2022 Hell on Wheels California Rally

Spank wrote:

I'm in Escondido and you are welcome to come by and just take a look around and ask questions. Always lots of crap to work on, but never enough time to work on it. Mostly because I'm too busy buying more crap to then not work on.

Rinse, repeat.

I highly recommend the OP do this.

That guy