Topic: Used driving suits

Trying to wrap my head around options for suits.  I've got access to two suits that are SFI 3.2/A5, one being FIA 1986 Standard and the other FIA 8856-2000.  Checking regs for Lemons, (and SCCA/Chump/LuckyDog), all seem to be fine with any suit that either has an SFI 3.2/A rating OR and FIA rating of the 1986 standard or later. 

They are in great shape with no tears, rips, stains, etc. and I just wanted to make sure that there wasn't anything about expiration dates like other safety equipment.  I can't find it in any regs, nor anything definitive in the forums (though I'm sure I might have missed something).

Anyone?  Am I good to go with these, or should I ask Lemons tech?

Thanks,

Dave

Re: Used driving suits

Right now only helmets and harnesses are age limited so as long as they are in good repair and not coated in oil they are fine.

Keep in mind if they aren’t a nomex style material the retardant does wear off, so it may seem ok but in a fire you may be just wearing an old cotton onesie with nomex cuffs.  So I wouldn’t buy a used Proban or other used retardant cotton.

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

Re: Used driving suits

Many thanks.  Definitely not the old cotton suits, rest assured.  I'd already done that research.

Cheers.