Topic: Quick Lemons car question

Ok after seeing the rules and all that was wondering does anyone know if transportation cost goes into a final build? Like if I buy one car outta state and send it my way to fix it up does that count, or not?

Re: Quick Lemons car question

Acgriffith24 wrote:

Ok after seeing the rules and all that was wondering does anyone know if transportation cost goes into a final build? Like if I buy one car outta state and send it my way to fix it up does that count, or not?

nope

"get up and get your grandma outta here"

Thanks essentially I live in ky, and just thoguht if that was something. Completely new would liek to do it, just need to find a car and fix it up.

There is also the unofficial "Lemons Transportation Network".  Post what you need to get where and there are usually enough folks willing to help get it close to you.

I'm in a similar boat here.  Got a car in the Michigan area, looking to get it to Oregon.  Which pizza joint does the Lemons mafia transportation network usually hang out in?  I need a car to fall ONTO the back of a truck.

Should I post in Newcomers, or somewhere else?

bilcoh wrote:

I'm in a similar boat here.  Got a car in the Michigan area, looking to get it to Oregon.  Which pizza joint does the Lemons mafia transportation network usually hang out in?  I need a car to fall ONTO the back of a truck.

Try the Driver's Lounge.  Or the Unofficial Facebook group.

rlchv70 wrote:
bilcoh wrote:

The lounge is a meme group that posts what outsiders think would be funny to people who run Lemons. 

Use the Unofficial group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1222036431151240/

--Rob Leone Schumacher Taxi Service
We won the IOE at Southern Discomfort.
We got screwed at The Real Hoopties of New Jersey  and we took cars down with us.
We got the curse at Capitol Offense but they wouldn't let us destroy the car.

bilcoh wrote:

You have a tall order on that one because it is going the wrong direction.  A few teams are likely to come to Chicago for the RT66 Rally but goes from CHI to the West Coast.

Your next best bet would be the October Gingerman race but that is rarely attended by West Coast teams and certainly not with one able to carry you car as well as their own. 

Now there is an outlier if it runs and drives and it platable.  Even if not, might a have a contact.

9 (edited by bilcoh 2018-08-02 11:48 AM)

Yes, it runs, and we believe it can be registered.  PM me if you've got any ideas.  We're also looking at the ridiculous idea of driving it cross country.  But it might be nearly the same cost as shipping it when we add in flights, etc.

Meanwhile, I'll post to Facebook.

RobL wrote:
rlchv70 wrote:
bilcoh wrote:

The lounge is a meme group that posts what outsiders think would be funny to people who run Lemons. 

Use the Unofficial group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1222036431151240/

Meant Forum Driver's Lounge

https://forums.24hoursoflemons.com/viewforum.php?id=21

Not Facebook Citrus Racer's Lounge

11 (edited by Guildenstern 2018-08-02 06:26 PM)

bilcoh wrote:

Yes, it runs, and we believe it can be registered.  PM me if you've got any ideas.  We're also looking at the ridiculous idea of driving it cross country.  But it might be nearly the same cost as shipping it when we add in flights, etc.

Meanwhile, I'll post to Facebook.

You should Drive it on the Rt-66 Rally then up to Oregon, or see if someone wants to move it from LA to Oregon.

Or if the Rally isn't your thing.......I'm going on the rally and don't have a car yet, AND will be flying home.

So if it can get to the Joliet Area for the rally, I can take it across. Would have to look about then taking it up due to time.

How long can you wait for it, and what is it?

I'd be willing to do it for free plus any parts that needed to be replaced on the trip.

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

12 (edited by Acgriffith24 2018-08-02 08:46 PM)

To clarify I mean if I were to get a car that cost 500, or less sent to me from outta state, to where I live would it count towards the cost limit? Thought might be some unwritten rule.

Nope. All they care about is the value of the car and crap you put into the car.

There are no Unwritten Rules when it comes to you and Lemons HQ, It's all on front street.

A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)

Thanks also car wise just trying to think of a good first time one. I'd get probably a Jeep, or Subaru(I know those two have been driven in Lemons but not a lot of people choose them) , and engine swap em, but not sure how possible it would be possible without going over the 500 limit.

If the swap is cool, nobody cares about the $500 limit. Even more bonus points for if it's really ill advised.

See the Rolls Royce getting the Viper engine put in on this forum.

Best advice is get a car you know, worry about swaps later.

Or Brigs and Stratton inline 8.

Buy one already built is a good first time car.  Or take a common car and just cage it and drive, one with some non-structural body damage
can be found cheap but still in good running condition.  But really depends on your goals, I personally like to build things,bigly differenter.