Topic: Next year's schedule?

Does anyone know when next years schedule will be posted? Hoping there will be another race in Joliet, Illinois next spring because that is the only one close to me.

Re: Next year's schedule?

It came out around the end of September last year: https://forums.24hoursoflemons.com/view … p?id=35599

30 entries since 2009
#39 & #53 Overengineer'd Racing - Wilton, NH
http://www.facebook.com/nhlemons

Oh thats good to know, shouldn't have to wait too long then.

The schedule normally follows the same basic structure as the year before. Exceptions being any extra races that are added after the initial release. joliet is likely a safe bet.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

TheEngineer wrote:

The schedule normally follows the same basic structure as the year before. Exceptions being any extra races that are added after the initial release. joliet is likely a safe bet.

But his specific example did NOT follow the normal year-over-year schedule as Joliet has (almost) always been a July race with an occasional second race in fall alternating with Gingerman.

OnkelUdo wrote:
TheEngineer wrote:

But his specific example did NOT follow the normal year-over-year schedule as Joliet has (almost) always been a July race with an occasional second race in fall alternating with Gingerman.

oops, my bad. I thought Joliet was a spring constant. Sorry about that.

20+ Time Loser FutilityMotorsport
Abandoned E36 Build
2008 Saab 9-5Aero Wagon
Retired - 1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby 2011-2015 "Lifetime Award for Lack of Achievement" IOE, 3X I got screwed, Organizer's Choice

As long as there is always at least one there every year. Two would be awesome and later than spring would probably be good depending on how long it takes me to get my turd driving and a cage in it. Thanks for the info!

BadNewsBrendan wrote:

As long as there is always at least one there every year. Two would be awesome and later than spring would probably be good depending on how long it takes me to get my turd driving and a cage in it. Thanks for the info!

Make sure to come anyway even if you aren't ready.  Teams like mine and a number of others will treat you to the full Lemons experience including herding cats (drivers), fueling with stupid people walking by, emergency repairs (because GM in the 1990's), strategy, good food, drunken stories that contain some truth, etc.  Seriously, we have hosted a ton of potentials and it is an eye-openner.  The logistics of running a team are second only to getting your first car to the track and through tech.

Gingerman may seem far away but it isn't.  Come spectate or volunteer as crew on a team.  You will learn a ton.

Its just over a 6 hour drive for me but sounds like a great time and I can definitely see the benefit of going to a race to see how everything works before bringing a team and having to also worry about a car at the same time. Will consider it and see if I can't convince a few of my potential teammates to come as well. Might even get them excited enough to start actually helping me with the car... well probably just for a few weeks at best.

Typically they seem to alternate between 2 at joliet, and 2 at gman, with a spring gman, july joliet, and wildcard in october. Since they changed up the first two this year, who knows what will be when, but it would be a safe bet to say that there will be two joliet races next year. Extremely unlikely not to have at least one.

Owner of the Knights Templar Neon
A&D of middling proportions

If any of the Lemons staff are on here however; is there any chance of going back to NCM? That track was awesome!

Owner of the Knights Templar Neon
A&D of middling proportions