Topic: Tire mounting

Does Yokahama bring the trailer to every event?  Specifically will it be at Gingerman?

If it doesn't have 2 doors, 3 pedals, and 5 lug nuts per wheel - It isn't a real race car

Re: Tire mounting

Pretty sure it is only the races with Yokohama in the name.
The local Walmart will mount tires but get in early Sunday to avoid the Lemons rush.

Apocalyptic Racing - Occupy Pit Lane racing
Racing the "Toylet" Toyota Celica powered by Chevrolet Ecotec.
24x Loser with the Celica. 16x loser in other fine machines
Overall winner Gingerman 2019

There’s also a couple people at any given race with the HF tire mounter that can make it happen with some beer and swearing.

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

Guildenstern wrote:

There’s also a couple people at any given race with the HF tire mounter that can make it happen with some beer and swearing.

Yeah I have one, works ok when bolted to the concrete floor.  Otherwise I have a local shop that does them for $15 a tire

If it doesn't have 2 doors, 3 pedals, and 5 lug nuts per wheel - It isn't a real race car

Guildenstern wrote:

I have been known to change tires with a dirt track bead breaker and tire irons.

Apocalyptic Racing - Occupy Pit Lane racing
Racing the "Toylet" Toyota Celica powered by Chevrolet Ecotec.
24x Loser with the Celica. 16x loser in other fine machines
Overall winner Gingerman 2019

Anarchyjet wrote:

Yeah I have one, works ok when bolted to the concrete floor.

Has anyone tried making a Reese hitch adapter for one?

Homestead Chump 5th-Sebring 6th-PBIR Lemons 9th - Charlotte Chump  CrashnBurn 9th
Sebring 6th again -NOLA Chump 1st -PBIR Chump Trans Fail 16th
Daytona 11th - Sebring 6th - Atlanta Motor Speedway 2nd - Road Atlanta Trans Fail 61st-Road Atlanta 5th
Daytona 13th - Charlotte 9th - Sebring 2nd-Charlotte 25th broken brakes - Road Atlanta 14 10th-Daytona 14  58th- Humid TT 19th Judges' Choice!

We just bolt ours to the trailer with some blind nuts. Or we would if it ever came up.

A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)

Team Infinniti wrote:
Anarchyjet wrote:

Yeah that's how I secure mine. I welded 2" square tubing to it that slides into the receiver.

I only use it for motorcycle tires though. I mounted a car tire once with it, and that was just a 185/60-13. I'm never doing another car tire again lol

Takata R&D :: 1993 Accord - team captain - rear drum brakes lol
GoPro 360 Heros :: BMW E28  - co-captain

You need to invest in serious tire snot to hand mount tires without hating life.

Guildenstern wrote:

You need to invest in serious tire snot to hand mount tires without hating life.

And I thought it was just me....

11 (edited by fiasco 2018-09-04 05:59 PM)

Team Infinniti wrote:
Anarchyjet wrote:

The tube bender I borrowed to cage our Merkur (coming back next year, I SWEAR) was set up to mount on a 2" receiver. Did have to watch the direction of the bend and the hatch glass on the Exploder we had it mounted to, but :notbadobama:.