Topic: 8 days to Fall CMP...what are you working on?

We discovered last weekend that our transmission es no bueno. We had zero spare transmissions.

Between 4 o'clock yesterday afternoon and 6:38 this morning, I bought two "allegedly good" C6's from 80's Ford RV's. 

And last night, at 10:30, I was wrestling a 200 pound slushbox+converter into place behind the 460 in our race car. 

Whatchoo all up to?

Tunachuckers: 15 Years of Effluency
'08 - '10: 1966 Volvo 122, "Charlie"
'10 - '18: 1975 Ford LTD Landau --> 2018 - current: Converted into 1950 "Plymford"
'22 - current: 1967 Volvo 122, "Charlie ]["

Re: 8 days to Fall CMP...what are you working on?

I have to put the jack, trailer spare and trailer ramp in the truck.  I need to put my personal gear in the trailer.  Maybe one more tire pressure check on truck and trailer tires.

I will be exhausted...

We need to mount the front bumper back on the car, get the new tires mounted, and load it all up.  Makes me tired just thinking about it, especially with the hot and really humid weather of late.

See all you guys next Friday!

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

I have to put a new starter in and it's not charging. The tow dolly needs a new fender, alignment, and we still need to pack.

It Ain't My Fault

Kinda hoping that Hurricane Floremce doesn't pose a problem it could prove to be a very wet race.

Justin
Dixie Wrecked Racing
90 BMW 325i / Ford 302 and other janky crap

Dave wrote:

I have to put a new starter in and it's not charging. The tow dolly needs a new fender, alignment, and we still need to pack.

Your tow dolly needs an alignment? wink

Captain
Team Super Westerfield Bros.
'93 Acura Integra - No VTEC Yo!

7 (edited by OnkelUdo 2018-09-06 03:07 AM)

Oh, I think we have to tape up the lights at the track as well.  Forgot I also need to throw a couple camp chairs in he trailer and maybe buy another case of water.  I thought I was tired before.

Trying to finish cutting up a '74 Dodge, so I can free up the trailer, so I can move it.....and dig out the Gran Fury..... and start working on that....maybe Sunday or Monday....

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/cUNeXcD6RrzZgq-b4oebO1lJVltV5KItLXQwLqpRsYb32ZtrDqgFMaCjK_DnB02Pos83hmv5itZpXvWChjZSZNZsJCaMyQKq0TQty5EZhzD_vVggrqkOJPr9ekywvL0piYSCgH-waKMKspboLVI4gFPXEVIAY5Eysaj3H-CI3EW9L2KafJEmUpx2lEw5Wzn5YpmXs5a00oeHfHzg35HxTONqaCNi-1kgGt9GcM8VBmaD_IidWCQTqKVvYxDI-erCn8cNBSBPcGr2wIt_jWf28mv1N7-tC0pA4N5pMFwVjbGY1_UT6wDrRNz1jjaXI3t0akgXM9LxwO0fvj44J9PXin9Fe4_MxDgmjlvjStXSzcHwuqJWsGYhxUUyGR0dw-vHMWFiB2zGugBtoVFh5AWUDAVxHydzujmxbTpNUw57xm178hqxzwRKJ1IUGqjqMWOVmL82C1IX7kd1_ogC5KSjnC8QOjbUhLLXtD4ziJ0Ln4IeWY2JpEvNHj-0b24JNfCEV4bxBHt3nxuA_4cuMivrIgHqJKnXwly2bgwbxS3vmcoehOUunEy9vvH_NBFHV8trtxKx5Y980FsICv_-rUj87BMnhMPOq85SWgCCnk3DPERWyfayxN-LRSf4IgeSlA0=w822-h616-no

Interceptor Motorsports
351w Foxy T-Bird - Class B Winner!, 440 Bluesmobile - Judges Choice, Org Choice & IOE!, Camero, Fuego Turbo - Heroic Fix & IOE!

OnkelUdo wrote:

[snip].  Forgot I also need to throw couple camp chairs in the trailer. [snip]

I'd just hate it - _for_ you - if you haven't had time to pack the umbrella, camp mat, and cooler....

Lemon_Newton-Metre wrote:
OnkelUdo wrote:

[snip].  Forgot I also need to throw couple camp chairs in the trailer. [snip]

I'd just hate it - _for_ you - if you haven't had time to pack the umbrella, camp mat, and cooler....

The struggle is real.

The transmission is REAL IN!  Now let's pray we've still got internal combustion...

'10 - '18: 1975 Ford LTD Landau --> 2018 - current: Converted into 1950 "Plymford"

Man I don't need to do anything, I am all set everything is checked off and I'll be at the parade early..................... Oh yeah I'm not racing this race DOH !!! sad

2010, 26th @ CMP, 2011, 10th & 5th at CMP, 2012? (MIA), 2013 Spring CMP, 53rd, 2013 Fall CMP 44th, 2014 Barber 14th, 2014 CMP 46th, 2015 CMP 57th, 2015 CMP 80th, 2016 CMP 16th, 3rd in B class, Winner Judges choice, and First car under 2.0 liter Alex's lemon aide stand winner. 2017 WRL, Road Atlanta 43rd, 2017 NCM 9th O/A , 1st in B class, 2018 CMP 13th O/A 3rd in Class B

Finish welding new radiator supports in place, re-couple the decoupled exhaust, install rotors and brake pads (assuming they arrive today), finish soldering up new in-car radio connection, get tires mounted, install our driver hydration solution, and somewhere along the way, buy food/water/alcohol and pack everything up.

Captain, For Parts Only (Team FPO)
#111 VW Golf - Currently Orange with tiger stripes (Calvin and Hobbes theme)

Oh, right, I forgot.  Still need to finish assembling the spare engine...that head sitting on my bench won't do us much good disassembled.

Captain, For Parts Only (Team FPO)
#111 VW Golf - Currently Orange with tiger stripes (Calvin and Hobbes theme)

GoFastEnthusiast wrote:

Oh, right, I forgot.  Still need to finish assembling the spare engine...that head sitting on my bench won't do us much good disassembled.

This sounds like a good demonstration activity for the Block Party...problem solved.

16 (edited by mechimike 2018-09-06 09:46 AM)

OnkelUdo wrote:
GoFastEnthusiast wrote:

This sounds like a good demonstration activity for the Block Party...problem solved.

Would that then make that....an Engine Block Party?

I'll show myself off...

Had to reseal the valve cover today, put in a new headlight so I can drive back from the parade. Swapped coil packs to solve a misfire. Tomorrow I have to rebuild some calipers, put some new brake lines on and pack wheel bearings. Nothing like waiting until the last minute!

Four Stripes, Corolla Extra Motorsports
'83 Toyota Corolla #5
Winner, Class C, Yokohama Good Try, Road Atlanta 2018

mechimike wrote:
OnkelUdo wrote:
GoFastEnthusiast wrote:

Would that then make that....an Engine Block Party?

I'll show myself off...

He's just trying to get his head together...