Topic: October Gingerman race Hot Wheels Drag races for Lemons of Love

Hey guys,

I am going to put together a Hot wheels drag race for the October Gingerman race. The race would take place Friday evening. I will put together all the details later this month but on the short:

bracket style races
$5 per entry up to 4 entries
all cars are to be in the original packaging at the time of the race. opened once your race is ready
loser bracket buy in $5 for 1 entry.
every race will have one practice run to get used to the trigger.
all money will be donated to Lemons of Love Saturday after/during the driver meeting.
Trophy for winner on both brackets made by us here at RBR.

I will have details and start taking entrants later this month. I will also update the RBR Facebook(link in profile)as well.

Feel free to give me an indication of participating via this thread!

Team Captain at Rust Belt Racing,IOE Pontiac Aztek with The Pit Crew Revenge,Organizers Choice 1956 Nash Metro With Cheesy beards Racing,IOE 1977 Toyota Celica S/T RBR,.SERVICE BY MANNY, MOE, AND JACK PIT CREW REVENGED AEWOO LEGANZA,Judges Choice Chevy HHR RBR

Re: October Gingerman race Hot Wheels Drag races for Lemons of Love

I am so in

Owner of the Knights Templar Neon
A&D of middling proportions

+1

Apocalyptic Racing - Occupy Pit Lane racing
Racing the "Toylet" Toyota Celica powered by Chevrolet Ecotec.
24x Loser with the Celica. 16x loser in other fine machines
Overall winner Gingerman 2019

Do we bring our own cars, or are they provided?

Owner of the Knights Templar Neon
A&D of middling proportions

I'm in.

COM ( Chief Operating Moron ) of Burnt Rubber Soul Racing
Current fleet: 95 Ford Probe, 81 Mazda 626.  Past: 81 Imperial
Facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/burntrubbersoulracing

VanillaHaze wrote:

Do we bring our own cars, or are they provided?

Yes it will be BYOH (Bring Your Own Hotwheels!)

Team Captain at Rust Belt Racing,IOE Pontiac Aztek with The Pit Crew Revenge,Organizers Choice 1956 Nash Metro With Cheesy beards Racing,IOE 1977 Toyota Celica S/T RBR,.SERVICE BY MANNY, MOE, AND JACK PIT CREW REVENGED AEWOO LEGANZA,Judges Choice Chevy HHR RBR

Count me in.

8 (edited by Fishah 2018-09-10 12:31 PM)

Can I donate a 20-pack so people can donate/play who may not have had the foresight to bring a car?

https://www.amazon.com/Hot-Wheels-Gift- … 5A15DRBPEP

Let me know where to ship it.

#33 Ford Festiva - We Are Not Really From Iran (Retired)
#928 Porsche 928 - West German Pushrodders (Retired)
#3 BMW E36 - The Internet says this is correct

Absolutely! 805 e water st Berne In, 46711

Fishah wrote:

Can I donate a 20-pack so people can donate/play who may not have had the foresight to bring a car?

Great, thanks. Wish I could be there to participate.

#33 Ford Festiva - We Are Not Really From Iran (Retired)
#928 Porsche 928 - West German Pushrodders (Retired)
#3 BMW E36 - The Internet says this is correct

I tossed a new car into my pitbox so if I can't make it (because our racer is in need)  I"ll make sure to send a team mate down to represent.

Team Sucker Punch: Winner Class B Doing Time at Joliet 2023 Autobahn ,Winner Org Choice award Were the Elite Meet to Cheat 2015
Chevy Camaro (Tiger striped #38)  (1989-2017 RIP old friend)
Chevy Corvette 1984......and still racing!

12 (edited by stangman4ever 2018-09-11 06:08 AM)

Official rules, if you would like a copy emailed to you just Message me.

RBR Sponsored Hot Wheels Drag Races

This is a rip’n’race, meaning that cars must be sent in unopened still in the package. This race is fun because anybody has chance to win, including those without much racing experience(like most Lemons Racers). The idea of this race is to be racing Hot Wheels cars that you can go out and buy right now. This is a winner take all race, meaning that whoever wins the final race gets all the cars entered(loser bracket against winner bracket is the final race).

Official Rules

•New in the package Hot Wheels from 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019 (opened at time of your race)
•Cars can be mainline cars or any of the special series cars, ie color shifters, character cars, pop culture cars, etc. Just as long as it says Hot Wheels.
•Winner take all race - meaning whoever wins gets all the cars in this race.
•1-4 cars per entrant
•There is a $5 per car entrance fee. Donated at Drivers meeting Saturday to Lemons of Love on behalf of all participating teams.
•    Bracket style racing, with a losers bracket. Winners from both brackets will have a best out of 3 race to take possession of all entered cars!.
•    Trophy for final winner in both brackets.
•    All races will have 1 practice run prior to official run.
•    This is for Fun and Fundraising For Lemons of Love.

I will try and get them to let us run in the Tech building, if not we will run at our Electric site(site 1 on turn 2). start time will be 7pm, register and turn in cars starting at 6pm.

This great now I can buy more hot wheels, my wife told me i couldnt buy any more for my 2 year old, something something about how he had to many.

Wisconsin Crap Racers #113 E36
I.O.E. Winners 2023 Gingerman
2016 and 2017 Cure for Gingivitis Champs!
30+ time Losers!

Fishah wrote:

Care Package has arrived! we will have 20 cars available if anyone forgets a car or wants to get in on the action once they arrive Friday

we greatly appreciate it and hope to get all the cars in action and raise even more money for Lemons of Love. !

Are the hot wheels drag races semi-family friendly and could a 7 year old participate?

16 (edited by bilcoh 2018-09-24 06:12 PM)

The kid's money is green, right?

So, I was thinking the LeMony twist to this was gonna be an IOE for the oldest car ripped out of it's original packaging. 

https://i.ebayimg.com/thumbs/images/g/7rYAAOSw8Pda13eR/s-l225.jpg
https://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-NOS-MI … 3954937305

Maybe whatever you paid for the car is what you have to pay for your entry fee.  So a premium to run something vintage.  People's choice wins $5 (in nickels, of course).

nickD wrote:

Are the hot wheels drag races semi-family friendly and could a 7 year old participate?

Absolutely!

bilcoh wrote:

The kid's money is green, right?

So, I was thinking the LeMony twist to this was gonna be an IOE for the oldest car ripped out of it's original packaging. 

https://i.ebayimg.com/thumbs/images/g/7rYAAOSw8Pda13eR/s-l225.jpg
https://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-NOS-MI … 3954937305

Maybe whatever you paid for the car is what you have to pay for your entry fee.  So a premium to run something vintage.  People's choice wins $5 (in nickels, of course).

thats not a bad Idea, but keep in mind winner takes all the cars home with them! would be interesting though!.

19 (edited by bilcoh 2018-09-25 02:31 PM)

In my mind it didn't matter that the winner takes all the cars.  Lemons draws people who like to do crazy things and spend gobs of time and money on ridiculous pursuits.  If someone wants to spend $50 to buy a "still in package" vintage Hot Wheel, and is also willing to donate $50 to the charity in order to enter it, just so they can "wow the crowd", then more power to them. 

Or, maybe those become your Class C cars, and they have their own runoff with the winner taking all of just those.  You bring a premium car, you play for premium prizes.  But, of course, given it's Class C, you have no idea if that vintage car still in the package has rusted axles or other issues.  Maybe minimum entry purchase price for that class is $25 and you have to bring a printout of the auction you won or something.  You could have your own BS Inspection!!  OMG, this is getting so good.  See how much it mirrors Lemons? <g>

And, BTW, not at all wanting to complexify your elegantly simple idea.  It's so great and hopefully something that becomes standard Lemons fare.
Just something that popped into my head, so figured I'd share it.  Wish I could be there.

bilcoh wrote:

In my mind it didn't matter that the winner takes all the cars.  Lemons draws people who like to do crazy things and spend gobs of time and money on ridiculous pursuits.  If someone wants to spend $50 to buy a "still in package" vintage Hot Wheel, and is also willing to donate $50 to the charity in order to enter it, just so they can "wow the crowd", then more power to them. 

Or, maybe those become your Class C cars, and they have their own runoff with the winner taking all of just those.  You bring a premium car, you play for premium prizes.  But, of course, given it's Class C, you have no idea if that vintage car still in the package has rusted axles or other issues.  Maybe minimum entry purchase price for that class is $25 and you have to bring a printout of the auction you won or something.  You could have your own BS Inspection!!  OMG, this is getting so good.  See how much it mirrors Lemons? <g>

And, BTW, not at all wanting to complexify your elegantly simple idea.  It's so great and hopefully something that becomes standard Lemons fare.
Just something that popped into my head, so figured I'd share it.  Wish I could be there.

There is no reason we cant decide to run a "class race" as well as the bracket races. you have me thinking that is for sure....I am mirroring the original Idea from the races we used to do at our bike shows when I used to be involved with custom bike building.. I may update the rules sheet to include a class no limits race, minus must still be in unopened package. the plan is make this a staple at all the Midwest races we do.

An unlimited class?  Hahaha. I can just imagine the engineering that will go into some of the cars. Someone will come up with a frictionless, magnetic axle system or a levitating something or other.  Love it.

Or just hunt down their car model and make a copy of their big car.

Mistake By The Lake Racing (MBTL)
88 Thunderbird "THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!", Ex Astris, Rubigo / Semper Fracti
A&D: 2014 Sebrings at Sebring (NSF), 2014 NJMP2 Jurassic Park (SpeedyCop), 2012 Summit Point J30 (PiNuts)
2018 Route Sucky-Suck Rally Miata, 2019 World Tour Of Texas 64 Newport

Just wanted to say thanks for putting this together.  My daughter, Amber, is who won.  She is special needs/developmentally delayed and a bit socially awkward, but this was right up her alley.  She loves Hot Wheels and loved being included.  She was ecstatic to have won.  Thanks again and hopefully we can do this again.

rlchv70 wrote:

Thanks again and hopefully we can do this again.

We are glad you guys enjoyed it! it was a pleasure meeting you guys and Amber done a great job! I hope to keep this going at every race we attend. Give her another high five for me!